Re: A challenge to Panographers around the world

  • Carrington Weems
    Message 1 of 85 , Sep 1, 2006
      Carlos,
      This is a great effort. I have often thought of doing this. I just had a
      children¹s hospital client ask for something similar, but I could not
      convince them to do it in this way. They wanted 3 images to use for 3 wall
      graphics (one image per one wall printed flat).

      I did however need to re-stitch the 3 images selected, and so I do have 3
      images that are 20,000 x 10,000 pixels each. You can see proofs here:
      http://www.virtually-anywhere.com/clients/mhhs/supergraphics.html
      (the top 3 were chosen)

      Let me know if you want them as samples. (I realize they are kinda
      non-dynamic!).
      Carrington

    • Bruno Postle
      Message 85 of 85 , Sep 13, 2006
        On Wed 13-Sep-2006 at 11:05 +0200, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

        > I will hopefully be able to have a prototype made soon too. The roof will probably not be
        > flat, but pyramid-like, and there will be an internal structure inside, including a zig-
        > zag structure to hold the roof. I don't know yet if there will be a printed ceiling. Do
        > you think it would be enough to just "perspective correct" the 4 wedge shapes from a
        > single zenith square?

        Yes, just split the square zenith image into four triangles and
        stretch them to match the shape of the triangle of your pyramid
        sides. This isn't exactly correct, but it will be near enough as
        so long as your pyramid is shallow.

        --
        Bruno