Re: TuFuse question

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2008
      On Tuesday, April 08, 2008 at 15:40, Mark D. Fink wrote:

      > Enfuse, with the auto settings, did a decent job, but even that makes the
      > view of the village lighter than I'd like. I've tried moving sliders in all
      > different directions trying to figure out what settings will make this work.

      The outside region is too small compared to the rest of the image.
      Reduce the number of levels to use (-l parameter in both enfuse and
      tufuse) if you want such small regions recognized.

      To understand why this happens have a look at
      http://enblend.sourceforge.net/details.htm but imagine that the mask
      is not determined by the transition line but by the well-exposedness
      of the pixels (for enfuse use the --debug option to see the actually
      used masks)

      But be warned: The result might look very strange for a too low
      levels number. tufuse usually uses one level more than enfuse by
      default, hence the enfuse result is a bit better here. A compromise
      seems to be -l 7 for the unresized files from the ZIP (number of
      levels is size dependednt!), but even this produces visible halos...

      The alternative is manual blending...

      best regards