Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: A challenge to Panographers around the world

  • Carlos Chegado - www.netlojas.biz
    Message 1 of 85 , Sep 1, 2006
      Ok, since I have the printer in house, I better make a test print.
      Can you provide one tile 6000x6000pix just for testing?
      I mostly make my panos with the 15mm fisheye so they don't come out this
      big!

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Carlos Chegado

      Olho de Peixe Lda

      ====================================

      ====================================

      Hans Nyberg wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Carlos Chegado -
      > www.netlojas.biz"
      > <carloschegado@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I will print this on a Seiko Color Painter 100S
      > > <http://www.seiko-i.com/euro/products/ColorPainter100S/index.html
      > <http://www.seiko-i.com/euro/products/ColorPainter100S/index.html>> that
      > > I own, this is at the moment the best combination between High Res and
      > > Large Format, one can stick the nose in it and can't see the dots but
      > > will need big files at least 10000x10000pix.
      >
      > if you reduce the size to 6000x6000 which is 50 ppi you get a
      > reasonable size in
      > equirectangular.
      > 19.000x9.500 is a 32 image multirow with a 24mm on a 5D
      >
      > I done a couple of those.
      >
      > 50 ppi gives you enough resolution for 3x3m.
      >
      > Hans
      > www.panoramas.dk

    • Bruno Postle
      Message 85 of 85 , Sep 13, 2006
        On Wed 13-Sep-2006 at 11:05 +0200, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

        > I will hopefully be able to have a prototype made soon too. The roof will probably not be
        > flat, but pyramid-like, and there will be an internal structure inside, including a zig-
        > zag structure to hold the roof. I don't know yet if there will be a printed ceiling. Do
        > you think it would be enough to just "perspective correct" the 4 wedge shapes from a
        > single zenith square?

        Yes, just split the square zenith image into four triangles and
        stretch them to match the shape of the triangle of your pyramid
        sides. This isn't exactly correct, but it will be near enough as
        so long as your pyramid is shallow.

        --
        Bruno