RE: [PanoToolsNG] A challenge to Panographers around the world

  • Mark D. Fink
    Message 1 of 85 , Sep 1, 2006
      I've been working on backlit pictures for awhile, initially using
      http://photoglow.com At the moment, I'm experimenting with acrylic panels
      that are lit from the side, but release the light forward. I got a PDF file
      from a company called Cyro which I've put up on my site at
      http://northernlight.net/EndLighten.pdf. I don't have any working samples,
      but am planning on getting that together possibly this weekend.

      Basically, you print on backlit film, attach it to the acrylic panel, then
      light it from the edge of the acrylic. It gives a very even lighting across
      the print. I'll have more details once I get some time to experiment with
      it.

      Mark
      www.northernlight.net
      www.pinnacle-vr.com

    • Bruno Postle
      Message 85 of 85 , Sep 13, 2006
        On Wed 13-Sep-2006 at 11:05 +0200, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

        > I will hopefully be able to have a prototype made soon too. The roof will probably not be
        > flat, but pyramid-like, and there will be an internal structure inside, including a zig-
        > zag structure to hold the roof. I don't know yet if there will be a printed ceiling. Do
        > you think it would be enough to just "perspective correct" the 4 wedge shapes from a
        > single zenith square?

        Yes, just split the square zenith image into four triangles and
        stretch them to match the shape of the triangle of your pyramid
        sides. This isn't exactly correct, but it will be near enough as
        so long as your pyramid is shallow.

        --
        Bruno