Re: error message "Not Enough RAM" to run Panotool plugin for PS

  • Daley
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1 8:45 PM
      ha, you real funny there. i got 4 cats, 3 dogs here though. Mostly
      lost their way. some cats stay for few month didn't make it(old),
      some stay n run away but come back later. Some newcomer. I just let
      them in n out. One happy family!

      Sure will look your templating http://www.seeit360.net/panotools.

      Tq everyone, great detail, explanation. The more i learn , the more
      i don't know.

      Daley.

      > BTW, I don't have a hamster, just a squirrel digging up my
      lettuce sprouts.
      > Anyone have a source for lawn ornaments in the shape of a cat?
      >

      > Sacha Griffin
      >
      > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
      >
      > http://www.southern-digital.com
      >
      > http://www.seeit360.net
      >
      > 404-551-4275

    • Pat Swovelin
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 1 8:53 PM
        On 4/1/2008 7:00 PM, AYRTON's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
        typed ...:
        > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:23 PM, dalileis <dalileis@...> wrote:
        >
        >> For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
        >> app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:
        >

        > Because most professionals use MAC :-)

        "Professionals," no matter what OS they use, know that platform wars are
        unnecessarily divisive and not productive to intelligently discussing
        issues.

        > And this is windows only.

        Pat Swovelin
        Cool Guy @ Large
      • Pat Swovelin
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 1 11:24 PM
          On 4/1/2008 11:11 AM, Sacha Griffin's hamster got loose on the keyboard
          and typed ...:
          > Yes, if it works at your memory limit, the plugins are great. I used them
          > before I learned templating and could still use them since I've gone
          > to a 5d
          > w 10.5.
          >
          > However, both methods should be in ones toolkit, and they are both tricky
          > and eccentric the first time. Without using a template, it IS a giant
          > hassle
          > and a lot of extra clicks. I've found that proper editing of a 360
          > panorama
          > is one of the least understood phases for those just introduced. Its
          > important to know how to do it, without relying on cubic
          > convertor/panocube
          > and potentially other steps/programs that may degrade the quality that
          > were
          > never meant for this purpose.
          >
          > The good thing about panotools gui's method, is that it always works no
          > matter how many thousands of dollars you didn't spend on your computer.
          >

          > Unfortunately, I bounce around a lot. My workflow goes
          >
          > Firefox (Pandora music)
          >
          > Photoshop raw
          >
          > Enfuse
          >
          > Ptgui
          >
          > FSPViewer
          >
          > Ptgui (n or z extract)
          >
          > Photoshop
          >
          > Ptgui (n or z insert)
          >
          > FSPViewer
          >
          > Photoshop
          >
          > FSPViewer

          Instead of bouncing out to FSPViewer (as good as it is) you can send the
          equirect directly to DevalVR from within Photoshop without having to
          save it as a .TIF first. It's *really* slick.

          > Pano2vr droplet via a sendto shortcut for fpp cubefaces
          >
          > Notetab
          >
          > Ws_ftp
          >
          > Firefox (Preview)
          >

          > BTW, I don't have a hamster, just a squirrel digging up my lettuce
          > sprouts.
          > Anyone have a source for lawn ornaments in the shape of a cat?

          No but you can call Homeland Security to get rid of him. "Save the
          sprouts! Save the sprouts!" should be your rallying cry. =8^)

          Pat Swovelin
          Cool Guy @ Large
        • Keith Martin
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 2 1:53 AM
            Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 22:23 +0000) dalileis said:

            >For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
            >app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:
            >
            >http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_spheretocubic.php

            Two good reasons.

            One, this is the first time I've heard of it.
            And two, these Photoshop plugins are Windows only, gosh-darn it!

          • Geoff Mather
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 2 4:42 AM
              It also works within Paint Shop Pro XI (No reason why earlier versions
              won't work either) as well simply save the files into the PlugIns
              folder and your away.

              Geoff
            • Rune Spaans
              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 16, 2008

                > Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 22:23 +0000) dalileis said:
                >
                > >For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
                > >app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:
                > >
                > >http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_spheretocubic.php
                >
                > Two good reasons.
                >
                > One, this is the first time I've heard of it.
                > And two, these Photoshop plugins are Windows only, gosh-darn it!

                I hope to have native Photoshop Windows and Mac version of these
                plugins released in a year. We finally got a Mac here in the house,
                and I am looking at the Photoshop SDK in my spare time. That will lead
                to a faster and more memory efficient plugin as well :)

                Rune