Re: error message "Not Enough RAM" to run Panotool plugin for PS

  • Daley
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
      ha, you real funny there. i got 4 cats, 3 dogs here though. Mostly
      lost their way. some cats stay for few month didn't make it(old),
      some stay n run away but come back later. Some newcomer. I just let
      them in n out. One happy family!

      Sure will look your templating http://www.seeit360.net/panotools.

      Tq everyone, great detail, explanation. The more i learn , the more
      i don't know.

      Daley.

      > BTW, I don't have a hamster, just a squirrel digging up my
      lettuce sprouts.
      > Anyone have a source for lawn ornaments in the shape of a cat?
      >

      > Sacha Griffin
      >
      > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
      >
      > http://www.southern-digital.com
      >
      > http://www.seeit360.net
      >
      > 404-551-4275

    • Pat Swovelin
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
        On 4/1/2008 7:00 PM, AYRTON's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
        typed ...:
        > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:23 PM, dalileis <dalileis@...> wrote:
        >
        >> For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
        >> app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:
        >

        > Because most professionals use MAC :-)

        "Professionals," no matter what OS they use, know that platform wars are
        unnecessarily divisive and not productive to intelligently discussing
        issues.

        > And this is windows only.

        Pat Swovelin
        Cool Guy @ Large
      • Pat Swovelin
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
          On 4/1/2008 11:11 AM, Sacha Griffin's hamster got loose on the keyboard
          and typed ...:
          > Yes, if it works at your memory limit, the plugins are great. I used them
          > before I learned templating and could still use them since I've gone
          > to a 5d
          > w 10.5.
          >
          > However, both methods should be in ones toolkit, and they are both tricky
          > and eccentric the first time. Without using a template, it IS a giant
          > hassle
          > and a lot of extra clicks. I've found that proper editing of a 360
          > panorama
          > is one of the least understood phases for those just introduced. Its
          > important to know how to do it, without relying on cubic
          > convertor/panocube
          > and potentially other steps/programs that may degrade the quality that
          > were
          > never meant for this purpose.
          >
          > The good thing about panotools gui's method, is that it always works no
          > matter how many thousands of dollars you didn't spend on your computer.
          >

          > Unfortunately, I bounce around a lot. My workflow goes
          >
          > Firefox (Pandora music)
          >
          > Photoshop raw
          >
          > Enfuse
          >
          > Ptgui
          >
          > FSPViewer
          >
          > Ptgui (n or z extract)
          >
          > Photoshop
          >
          > Ptgui (n or z insert)
          >
          > FSPViewer
          >
          > Photoshop
          >
          > FSPViewer

          Instead of bouncing out to FSPViewer (as good as it is) you can send the
          equirect directly to DevalVR from within Photoshop without having to
          save it as a .TIF first. It's *really* slick.

          > Pano2vr droplet via a sendto shortcut for fpp cubefaces
          >
          > Notetab
          >
          > Ws_ftp
          >
          > Firefox (Preview)
          >

          > BTW, I don't have a hamster, just a squirrel digging up my lettuce
          > sprouts.
          > Anyone have a source for lawn ornaments in the shape of a cat?

          No but you can call Homeland Security to get rid of him. "Save the
          sprouts! Save the sprouts!" should be your rallying cry. =8^)

          Pat Swovelin
          Cool Guy @ Large
        • Keith Martin
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 2, 2008
            Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 22:23 +0000) dalileis said:

            >For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
            >app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:
            >
            >http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_spheretocubic.php

            Two good reasons.

            One, this is the first time I've heard of it.
            And two, these Photoshop plugins are Windows only, gosh-darn it!

          • Geoff Mather
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 2, 2008
              It also works within Paint Shop Pro XI (No reason why earlier versions
              won't work either) as well simply save the files into the PlugIns
              folder and your away.

              Geoff
            • Rune Spaans
              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 16, 2008

                > Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 22:23 +0000) dalileis said:
                >
                > >For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
                > >app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:
                > >
                > >http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_spheretocubic.php
                >
                > Two good reasons.
                >
                > One, this is the first time I've heard of it.
                > And two, these Photoshop plugins are Windows only, gosh-darn it!

                I hope to have native Photoshop Windows and Mac version of these
                plugins released in a year. We finally got a Mac here in the house,
                and I am looking at the Photoshop SDK in my spare time. That will lead
                to a faster and more memory efficient plugin as well :)

                Rune