Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: error message "Not Enough RAM" to run Panotool plugin for PS

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1 7:00 PM
      On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:23 PM, dalileis <dalileis@...> wrote:

      > For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
      > app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:

      Because most professionals use MAC :-)
      And this is windows only.

      > http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_spheretocubic.php
      >
      > It's superb.
      >
      > Does not interrupt your 16 bit workflow, in other words it works
      > splendidly in 16bit.
      >
      > It gives you options to rotate and preview nadir/zenith before the
      > actual convertion takes place.
      >
      > It's fast. It uses Photoshop standard interpolators.
      >
      > It is itself Photoshop plugin, no need to go outside Photoshop.
      >
      > It extracts both nadir and zenith in one go. Re-inserts them again in
      > one go. It's a time saver. It should be WAY more popular than it seems
      > to be.
      >
      > It's free. You can donate if you'de like, though.
      >
      > Start using this NOW.
      >
      > Highly recommended, as they say on Dpreview.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Dalileis

      ------------
      | A Y R |
      | T O N |
      ------------

      + 55 21 9982 6313

      http://ayrton360.com
      http://rio.360cities.net
      http://vrfolio.com
      http://ayrton.com

    • Daley
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 1 8:45 PM
        ha, you real funny there. i got 4 cats, 3 dogs here though. Mostly
        lost their way. some cats stay for few month didn't make it(old),
        some stay n run away but come back later. Some newcomer. I just let
        them in n out. One happy family!

        Sure will look your templating http://www.seeit360.net/panotools.

        Tq everyone, great detail, explanation. The more i learn , the more
        i don't know.

        Daley.

        > BTW, I don't have a hamster, just a squirrel digging up my
        lettuce sprouts.
        > Anyone have a source for lawn ornaments in the shape of a cat?
        >

        > Sacha Griffin
        >
        > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
        >
        > http://www.southern-digital.com
        >
        > http://www.seeit360.net
        >
        > 404-551-4275

      • Pat Swovelin
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 1 8:53 PM
          On 4/1/2008 7:00 PM, AYRTON's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
          typed ...:
          > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:23 PM, dalileis <dalileis@...> wrote:
          >
          >> For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
          >> app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:
          >

          > Because most professionals use MAC :-)

          "Professionals," no matter what OS they use, know that platform wars are
          unnecessarily divisive and not productive to intelligently discussing
          issues.

          > And this is windows only.

          Pat Swovelin
          Cool Guy @ Large
        • Pat Swovelin
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 1 11:24 PM
            On 4/1/2008 11:11 AM, Sacha Griffin's hamster got loose on the keyboard
            and typed ...:
            > Yes, if it works at your memory limit, the plugins are great. I used them
            > before I learned templating and could still use them since I've gone
            > to a 5d
            > w 10.5.
            >
            > However, both methods should be in ones toolkit, and they are both tricky
            > and eccentric the first time. Without using a template, it IS a giant
            > hassle
            > and a lot of extra clicks. I've found that proper editing of a 360
            > panorama
            > is one of the least understood phases for those just introduced. Its
            > important to know how to do it, without relying on cubic
            > convertor/panocube
            > and potentially other steps/programs that may degrade the quality that
            > were
            > never meant for this purpose.
            >
            > The good thing about panotools gui's method, is that it always works no
            > matter how many thousands of dollars you didn't spend on your computer.
            >

            > Unfortunately, I bounce around a lot. My workflow goes
            >
            > Firefox (Pandora music)
            >
            > Photoshop raw
            >
            > Enfuse
            >
            > Ptgui
            >
            > FSPViewer
            >
            > Ptgui (n or z extract)
            >
            > Photoshop
            >
            > Ptgui (n or z insert)
            >
            > FSPViewer
            >
            > Photoshop
            >
            > FSPViewer

            Instead of bouncing out to FSPViewer (as good as it is) you can send the
            equirect directly to DevalVR from within Photoshop without having to
            save it as a .TIF first. It's *really* slick.

            > Pano2vr droplet via a sendto shortcut for fpp cubefaces
            >
            > Notetab
            >
            > Ws_ftp
            >
            > Firefox (Preview)
            >

            > BTW, I don't have a hamster, just a squirrel digging up my lettuce
            > sprouts.
            > Anyone have a source for lawn ornaments in the shape of a cat?

            No but you can call Homeland Security to get rid of him. "Save the
            sprouts! Save the sprouts!" should be your rallying cry. =8^)

            Pat Swovelin
            Cool Guy @ Large
          • Keith Martin
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 2 1:53 AM
              Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 22:23 +0000) dalileis said:

              >For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
              >app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:
              >
              >http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_spheretocubic.php

              Two good reasons.

              One, this is the first time I've heard of it.
              And two, these Photoshop plugins are Windows only, gosh-darn it!

            • Geoff Mather
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 2 4:42 AM
                It also works within Paint Shop Pro XI (No reason why earlier versions
                won't work either) as well simply save the files into the PlugIns
                folder and your away.

                Geoff
              • Rune Spaans
                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 16, 2008

                  > Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 22:23 +0000) dalileis said:
                  >
                  > >For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
                  > >app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:
                  > >
                  > >http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_spheretocubic.php
                  >
                  > Two good reasons.
                  >
                  > One, this is the first time I've heard of it.
                  > And two, these Photoshop plugins are Windows only, gosh-darn it!

                  I hope to have native Photoshop Windows and Mac version of these
                  plugins released in a year. We finally got a Mac here in the house,
                  and I am looking at the Photoshop SDK in my spare time. That will lead
                  to a faster and more memory efficient plugin as well :)

                  Rune