RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: error message "Not Enough RAM" to run Panotool plugin for PS

  • PanoToolsNG.10.m8@spamgourmet.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
      This could be your answer...(the memory size one being the more important
      point)

      Quoted from the website:
      ------------------------
      Known issues:
      - The plugins don't work with float images. I will be able to support float
      as soon as FilterMeister does.
      - Running the plugins eat a lot of memory, about three times as much as the
      images themselves. On my 3Gb machine I hit the roof at 10000 pixel float
      images. Other users with 2Gb of RAM have been able to convert maximum 6000
      pixel images. I am looking into this, but since there's little memory
      managment I can do I'm afraid that this also is a limitation of
      FilterMeister.
      ------------------------

      Often I also prefer to use a rectilinear view for the nadir; especially if
      looking at a regular patterned surface. (eg. Tiles, floorboards, etc.)

      Cheers,
      Darren.

      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
        On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:23 PM, dalileis <dalileis@...> wrote:

        > For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
        > app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:

        Because most professionals use MAC :-)
        And this is windows only.

        > http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_spheretocubic.php
        >
        > It's superb.
        >
        > Does not interrupt your 16 bit workflow, in other words it works
        > splendidly in 16bit.
        >
        > It gives you options to rotate and preview nadir/zenith before the
        > actual convertion takes place.
        >
        > It's fast. It uses Photoshop standard interpolators.
        >
        > It is itself Photoshop plugin, no need to go outside Photoshop.
        >
        > It extracts both nadir and zenith in one go. Re-inserts them again in
        > one go. It's a time saver. It should be WAY more popular than it seems
        > to be.
        >
        > It's free. You can donate if you'de like, though.
        >
        > Start using this NOW.
        >
        > Highly recommended, as they say on Dpreview.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Dalileis

        ------------
        | A Y R |
        | T O N |
        ------------

        + 55 21 9982 6313

        http://ayrton360.com
        http://rio.360cities.net
        http://vrfolio.com
        http://ayrton.com

      • Daley
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
          ha, you real funny there. i got 4 cats, 3 dogs here though. Mostly
          lost their way. some cats stay for few month didn't make it(old),
          some stay n run away but come back later. Some newcomer. I just let
          them in n out. One happy family!

          Sure will look your templating http://www.seeit360.net/panotools.

          Tq everyone, great detail, explanation. The more i learn , the more
          i don't know.

          Daley.

          > BTW, I don't have a hamster, just a squirrel digging up my
          lettuce sprouts.
          > Anyone have a source for lawn ornaments in the shape of a cat?
          >

          > Sacha Griffin
          >
          > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
          >
          > http://www.southern-digital.com
          >
          > http://www.seeit360.net
          >
          > 404-551-4275

        • Pat Swovelin
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
            On 4/1/2008 7:00 PM, AYRTON's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
            typed ...:
            > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:23 PM, dalileis <dalileis@...> wrote:
            >
            >> For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
            >> app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:
            >

            > Because most professionals use MAC :-)

            "Professionals," no matter what OS they use, know that platform wars are
            unnecessarily divisive and not productive to intelligently discussing
            issues.

            > And this is windows only.

            Pat Swovelin
            Cool Guy @ Large
          • Pat Swovelin
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
              On 4/1/2008 11:11 AM, Sacha Griffin's hamster got loose on the keyboard
              and typed ...:
              > Yes, if it works at your memory limit, the plugins are great. I used them
              > before I learned templating and could still use them since I've gone
              > to a 5d
              > w 10.5.
              >
              > However, both methods should be in ones toolkit, and they are both tricky
              > and eccentric the first time. Without using a template, it IS a giant
              > hassle
              > and a lot of extra clicks. I've found that proper editing of a 360
              > panorama
              > is one of the least understood phases for those just introduced. Its
              > important to know how to do it, without relying on cubic
              > convertor/panocube
              > and potentially other steps/programs that may degrade the quality that
              > were
              > never meant for this purpose.
              >
              > The good thing about panotools gui's method, is that it always works no
              > matter how many thousands of dollars you didn't spend on your computer.
              >

              > Unfortunately, I bounce around a lot. My workflow goes
              >
              > Firefox (Pandora music)
              >
              > Photoshop raw
              >
              > Enfuse
              >
              > Ptgui
              >
              > FSPViewer
              >
              > Ptgui (n or z extract)
              >
              > Photoshop
              >
              > Ptgui (n or z insert)
              >
              > FSPViewer
              >
              > Photoshop
              >
              > FSPViewer

              Instead of bouncing out to FSPViewer (as good as it is) you can send the
              equirect directly to DevalVR from within Photoshop without having to
              save it as a .TIF first. It's *really* slick.

              > Pano2vr droplet via a sendto shortcut for fpp cubefaces
              >
              > Notetab
              >
              > Ws_ftp
              >
              > Firefox (Preview)
              >

              > BTW, I don't have a hamster, just a squirrel digging up my lettuce
              > sprouts.
              > Anyone have a source for lawn ornaments in the shape of a cat?

              No but you can call Homeland Security to get rid of him. "Save the
              sprouts! Save the sprouts!" should be your rallying cry. =8^)

              Pat Swovelin
              Cool Guy @ Large
            • Keith Martin
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 2, 2008
                Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 22:23 +0000) dalileis said:

                >For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
                >app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:
                >
                >http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_spheretocubic.php

                Two good reasons.

                One, this is the first time I've heard of it.
                And two, these Photoshop plugins are Windows only, gosh-darn it!

              • Geoff Mather
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 2, 2008
                  It also works within Paint Shop Pro XI (No reason why earlier versions
                  won't work either) as well simply save the files into the PlugIns
                  folder and your away.

                  Geoff
                • Rune Spaans
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jun 16, 2008

                    > Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 22:23 +0000) dalileis said:
                    >
                    > >For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
                    > >app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:
                    > >
                    > >http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_spheretocubic.php
                    >
                    > Two good reasons.
                    >
                    > One, this is the first time I've heard of it.
                    > And two, these Photoshop plugins are Windows only, gosh-darn it!

                    I hope to have native Photoshop Windows and Mac version of these
                    plugins released in a year. We finally got a Mac here in the house,
                    and I am looking at the Photoshop SDK in my spare time. That will lead
                    to a faster and more memory efficient plugin as well :)

                    Rune