Re: [PanoToolsNG] mirror balls

  • Marco Trezzini
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2008
      you might want to check out this article where Aram Pan uses this
      technique to shoot the inside
      of a sports shoe:
      http://www.vrmag.org/issue29/GET_INSIDE_A_SPORTS_SHOE.html

      On Mar 31, 2008, at 12:51 PM, Philipp B. Koch wrote:

      > I have tried this kind of panos with a convex mirror I bought
      > especially
      > for this. Its diameter is about 30 cm, so I expected the quality to be
      > pretty good. It was EUR 70,-- and I have to admit it was a bad buy.
      > Unfortunately, the mirror is not a real "half ball", so (for me) it is
      > impossible to remap the picture to equirectangular and have all
      > verticals straight...
      >
      > You might want to have a look at this page:
      > http://www.panoguide.com/forums/tipsntricks/25/
      >
      > Regards, Philipp Koch
      >
      > matt_nolan_uaf schrieb:
      > > I'd like to try shooting into a mirror ball to get inside tight
      > > spaces. Does anyone know of a source for such balls, preferably ones
      > > that take a tripod screw? I found a tutorial on the wiki for using
      > > christmas tree ornaments in this way, but I'd also be curious if
      > there
      > > are any other tutorials around.

    • Luca Vascon
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1, 2008
        Done some years ago...
        a film slide projection is always FAR better than any dlp projector image.
        You have some little problems with centering and dimensioning the things,
        however.
        spherical mirror projections needs spherical mirror in taking. I've some
        self built ones.
        Nikon f3+200mm micro.

        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 1, 2008
          On 4/1/2008 5:30 AM, Keith Martin's hamster got loose on the keyboard
          and typed ...:
          > Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 12:27 +0200) Luca Vascon said:
          >
          >> I've one installed in my room...
          >> good for back-peojection projects.
          >
          > Interesting. How do you use it?
          >
          > This comment prompted me to consider projecting a donut pano image
          > vertically at a ceiling-mounted mirrored dome to get the view all
          > around the walls. Now *that* could be an interesting project.

          Ummmm, dooonuts. D'oh!

          Pat Swovelin
          Cool Guy @ Large
        • pau valiente
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 10, 2008
            Very interesting indeed .... I also would like to try someday ...

            pau valiente
            www.pau.cc

            El 01/04/2008, a las 14:30, Keith Martin escribiĆ³:

            > Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 12:27 +0200) Luca Vascon said:
            >
            >> I've one installed in my room...
            >> good for back-peojection projects.
            >
            > Interesting. How do you use it?
            >
            > This comment prompted me to consider projecting a donut pano image
            > vertically at a ceiling-mounted mirrored dome to get the view all
            > around the walls. Now *that* could be an interesting project.

          • Jim Watters
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 10, 2008
              I saw this posted the other day. Panoramic movie using Christmas ball.
              http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/04/panoramic_video_experimen.html

              --
              Jim Watters

              jwatters @ photocreations . ca