Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: mirror balls

  • Luca Vascon
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2008
      I've one installed in my room...
      good for back-peojection projects.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "verifone411" <kieranmullen@...>
      To: <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 6:50 AM
      Subject: [PanoToolsNG] Re: mirror balls

      Security domes?

      http://www.superiormirror.com/catalog.asp?prodid=478957

      KM
    • Keith Martin
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1, 2008
        Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 12:27 +0200) Luca Vascon said:

        >I've one installed in my room...
        >good for back-peojection projects.

        Interesting. How do you use it?

        This comment prompted me to consider projecting a donut pano image
        vertically at a ceiling-mounted mirrored dome to get the view all
        around the walls. Now *that* could be an interesting project.

      • Marco Trezzini
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 1, 2008
          you might want to check out this article where Aram Pan uses this
          technique to shoot the inside
          of a sports shoe:
          http://www.vrmag.org/issue29/GET_INSIDE_A_SPORTS_SHOE.html

          On Mar 31, 2008, at 12:51 PM, Philipp B. Koch wrote:

          > I have tried this kind of panos with a convex mirror I bought
          > especially
          > for this. Its diameter is about 30 cm, so I expected the quality to be
          > pretty good. It was EUR 70,-- and I have to admit it was a bad buy.
          > Unfortunately, the mirror is not a real "half ball", so (for me) it is
          > impossible to remap the picture to equirectangular and have all
          > verticals straight...
          >
          > You might want to have a look at this page:
          > http://www.panoguide.com/forums/tipsntricks/25/
          >
          > Regards, Philipp Koch
          >
          > matt_nolan_uaf schrieb:
          > > I'd like to try shooting into a mirror ball to get inside tight
          > > spaces. Does anyone know of a source for such balls, preferably ones
          > > that take a tripod screw? I found a tutorial on the wiki for using
          > > christmas tree ornaments in this way, but I'd also be curious if
          > there
          > > are any other tutorials around.

        • Luca Vascon
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 1, 2008
            Done some years ago...
            a film slide projection is always FAR better than any dlp projector image.
            You have some little problems with centering and dimensioning the things,
            however.
            spherical mirror projections needs spherical mirror in taking. I've some
            self built ones.
            Nikon f3+200mm micro.

            > Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 12:27 +0200) Luca Vascon said:
            >
            >>I've one installed in my room...
            >>good for back-peojection projects.
            >
            > Interesting. How do you use it?
            >
            > This comment prompted me to consider projecting a donut pano image
            > vertically at a ceiling-mounted mirrored dome to get the view all
            > around the walls. Now *that* could be an interesting project.

          • Pat Swovelin
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 1, 2008
              On 4/1/2008 5:30 AM, Keith Martin's hamster got loose on the keyboard
              and typed ...:
              > Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 12:27 +0200) Luca Vascon said:
              >
              >> I've one installed in my room...
              >> good for back-peojection projects.
              >
              > Interesting. How do you use it?
              >
              > This comment prompted me to consider projecting a donut pano image
              > vertically at a ceiling-mounted mirrored dome to get the view all
              > around the walls. Now *that* could be an interesting project.

              Ummmm, dooonuts. D'oh!

              Pat Swovelin
              Cool Guy @ Large
            • pau valiente
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 10, 2008
                Very interesting indeed .... I also would like to try someday ...

                pau valiente
                www.pau.cc

                El 01/04/2008, a las 14:30, Keith Martin escribió:

                > Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 12:27 +0200) Luca Vascon said:
                >
                >> I've one installed in my room...
                >> good for back-peojection projects.
                >
                > Interesting. How do you use it?
                >
                > This comment prompted me to consider projecting a donut pano image
                > vertically at a ceiling-mounted mirrored dome to get the view all
                > around the walls. Now *that* could be an interesting project.

              • Jim Watters
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 10, 2008
                  I saw this posted the other day. Panoramic movie using Christmas ball.
                  http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/04/panoramic_video_experimen.html

                  --
                  Jim Watters

                  jwatters @ photocreations . ca