[PanoToolsNG] Re: mirror balls Magnet version

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 31, 2008
      Sometime around 31/3/08 (at 14:58 +0000) steven_mcq said:

      >Here's something you'd have little trouble attaching, and with a
      >little optical grade red rouge you could bring its chrome plating up
      >to a fine finish.

      It'd play havoc with the pinball machine though! (Not to mention
      memory cards if you put it in your camera bag.)

      This is all very tempting stuff. I'm always amazed at the things
      people have done using mirrorballs. Strange but tempting.

    • verifone411
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 31, 2008
      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 1 3:27 AM
          I've one installed in my room...
          good for back-peojection projects.

          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 1 5:30 AM
            Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 12:27 +0200) Luca Vascon said:

            >I've one installed in my room...
            >good for back-peojection projects.

            Interesting. How do you use it?

            This comment prompted me to consider projecting a donut pano image
            vertically at a ceiling-mounted mirrored dome to get the view all
            around the walls. Now *that* could be an interesting project.

          • Marco Trezzini
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 1 7:58 AM
              you might want to check out this article where Aram Pan uses this
              technique to shoot the inside
              of a sports shoe:
              http://www.vrmag.org/issue29/GET_INSIDE_A_SPORTS_SHOE.html

              On Mar 31, 2008, at 12:51 PM, Philipp B. Koch wrote:

              > I have tried this kind of panos with a convex mirror I bought
              > especially
              > for this. Its diameter is about 30 cm, so I expected the quality to be
              > pretty good. It was EUR 70,-- and I have to admit it was a bad buy.
              > Unfortunately, the mirror is not a real "half ball", so (for me) it is
              > impossible to remap the picture to equirectangular and have all
              > verticals straight...
              >
              > You might want to have a look at this page:
              > http://www.panoguide.com/forums/tipsntricks/25/
              >
              > Regards, Philipp Koch
              >
              > matt_nolan_uaf schrieb:
              > > I'd like to try shooting into a mirror ball to get inside tight
              > > spaces. Does anyone know of a source for such balls, preferably ones
              > > that take a tripod screw? I found a tutorial on the wiki for using
              > > christmas tree ornaments in this way, but I'd also be curious if
              > there
              > > are any other tutorials around.

            • Luca Vascon
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 1 8:19 AM
                Done some years ago...
                a film slide projection is always FAR better than any dlp projector image.
                You have some little problems with centering and dimensioning the things,
                however.
                spherical mirror projections needs spherical mirror in taking. I've some
                self built ones.
                Nikon f3+200mm micro.

                > Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 12:27 +0200) Luca Vascon said:
                >
                >>I've one installed in my room...
                >>good for back-peojection projects.
                >
                > Interesting. How do you use it?
                >
                > This comment prompted me to consider projecting a donut pano image
                > vertically at a ceiling-mounted mirrored dome to get the view all
                > around the walls. Now *that* could be an interesting project.

              • Pat Swovelin
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 1 9:48 PM
                  On 4/1/2008 5:30 AM, Keith Martin's hamster got loose on the keyboard
                  and typed ...:
                  > Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 12:27 +0200) Luca Vascon said:
                  >
                  >> I've one installed in my room...
                  >> good for back-peojection projects.
                  >
                  > Interesting. How do you use it?
                  >
                  > This comment prompted me to consider projecting a donut pano image
                  > vertically at a ceiling-mounted mirrored dome to get the view all
                  > around the walls. Now *that* could be an interesting project.

                  Ummmm, dooonuts. D'oh!

                  Pat Swovelin
                  Cool Guy @ Large
                • pau valiente
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 10 1:41 PM
                    Very interesting indeed .... I also would like to try someday ...

                    pau valiente
                    www.pau.cc

                    El 01/04/2008, a las 14:30, Keith Martin escribió:

                    > Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 12:27 +0200) Luca Vascon said:
                    >
                    >> I've one installed in my room...
                    >> good for back-peojection projects.
                    >
                    > Interesting. How do you use it?
                    >
                    > This comment prompted me to consider projecting a donut pano image
                    > vertically at a ceiling-mounted mirrored dome to get the view all
                    > around the walls. Now *that* could be an interesting project.

                  • Jim Watters
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 10 2:24 PM
                      I saw this posted the other day. Panoramic movie using Christmas ball.
                      http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/04/panoramic_video_experimen.html

                      --
                      Jim Watters

                      jwatters @ photocreations . ca