Re: error message "Not Enough RAM" to run Panotool plugin for PS

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 27, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "bongyiiuce" <bongyiiuce@...> wrote:

      > Hi ,
      > I run PS CS2 and the plugin on my new winxp Laptop with 2Gb RAM. I
      > already upgrade from 1GB to 2Gb RAM now but still get that error
      > message. Is there any PS workplace or stroage setting I need to
      > configure ? Thanks.

      You probably need to reduce the ram for Photoshop set in the preferences.

      If you set it too high there is no left for the plugin.

      Hans
    • Daley
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 27, 2008
        Still have error message. I goto preference ->Memory and cache.
        Default seting as below :

        Available RAM : 1760Mb
        Maximum use by Photoshop :55% (968Mb)

        reduce to 10% (176Mb) - got error
        increase to 90% (1584Mb) - got error

        > You probably need to reduce the ram for Photoshop set in the
        preferences.

        > If you set it too high there is no left for the plugin.
        >
        > Hans

      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 28, 2008
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Daley" <bongyiiuce@...> wrote:

          > Still have error message. I goto preference ->Memory and cache.
          > Default seting as below :
          >
          > Available RAM : 1760Mb
          > Maximum use by Photoshop :55% (968Mb)
          >
          > reduce to 10% (176Mb) - got error
          > increase to 90% (1584Mb) - got error

          How much memory do you need.
          Are you just loading 1 image. Size , 8 bit or 16 bit?

          Or are you loading a full spherical panoramas.

          Hans

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans Nyberg" <hans@> wrote:
          >
          > > You probably need to reduce the ram for Photoshop set in the
          > preferences.
          > >
          > > If you set it too high there is no left for the plugin.
          > >
          > > Hans
        • Sacha Griffin
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 28, 2008
            The best method, is not to use this plugin at all. Surely, you own ptgui,
            ptmac, or use hugin.

            I also have the same memory, and there is no work around, except for
            reducing the resolution of your image.

            Any function done in the plugin can be replicated using the aforementioned
            programs, in a quicker, faster, and easier to understand fashion, and
            without memory limitations.

            If you need help on a particular transformation, there are many people here
            who can help.

            Sacha Griffin

            Southern Digital Solutions LLC

            http://www.southern-digital.com

            http://www.seeit360.net

            404-551-4275

            "Hans Nyberg" <hans@...> wrote:

            > You probably need to reduce the ram for Photoshop set in the
            preferences.

            > If you set it too high there is no left for the plugin.
            >
            > Hans

          • Daley
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 28, 2008
              I just need to load 1 file only. It is the Nadir shot. Either
              400x300 or 640x480. Normally is 16 bit.

              I just playing around with extreme condition i.e 10% and 90% but no
              hope there as well.

              Daley.

              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Daley" <bongyiiuce@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Still have error message. I goto preference ->Memory and cache.
              > > Default seting as below :
              > >
              > > Available RAM : 1760Mb
              > > Maximum use by Photoshop :55% (968Mb)
              > >
              > > reduce to 10% (176Mb) - got error
              > > increase to 90% (1584Mb) - got error
              >
              > How much memory do you need.
              > Are you just loading 1 image. Size , 8 bit or 16 bit?
              >
              > Or are you loading a full spherical panoramas.
              >
              > Hans
            • Hans Nyberg
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 29, 2008
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Daley" <bongyiiuce@...> wrote:

                > I just need to load 1 file only. It is the Nadir shot. Either
                > 400x300 or 640x480. Normally is 16 bit.
                >
                > I just playing around with extreme condition i.e 10% and 90% but no
                > hope there as well.
                > Daley.

                This sounds very wrong to me .
                I am on Mac and use the OSX versions by Kekus but I never heard that the Windows
                plugins should have any memory problems for small images like yours.

                I almost forgot how good these plugins are as I have been using PTGui or CubicConverter
                for extracting the nadir since PTGui Mac was launched

                I just tried extracting the nadir of a 8000x4000 16bit
                After 8 sec I had it opened in Photoshop for editing.
                Reconverting and and pasting it into the original was just as fast.

                I am going back to use this now for editing the Nadir. It is much faster than anything else
                I used.
                Not sure if it is that I can use all my 8gb ram
                11500x5750 in 16 bit gave me error but I had no problem in 8bit,
                As CubicConverter can not handle 16 bit at all this is much faster.
                The interpolation was spline 36 which is fine.

                Hans

                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans Nyberg" <hans@> wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Daley" <bongyiiuce@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Still have error message. I goto preference ->Memory and cache.
                > > > Default seting as below :
                > > >
                > > > Available RAM : 1760Mb
                > > > Maximum use by Photoshop :55% (968Mb)
                > > >
                > > > reduce to 10% (176Mb) - got error
                > > > increase to 90% (1584Mb) - got error
                > >
                > > How much memory do you need.
                > > Are you just loading 1 image. Size , 8 bit or 16 bit?
                > >
                > > Or are you loading a full spherical panoramas.
                > >
                > > Hans

              • panovrx
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 29, 2008
                  I use this plugin for every pano I make (Windows, XP) and it is great
                  but there are memory issues for large panos -- usually restarting
                  Photoshop will let me do what I want with larger images

                  In Actions it is annoying that the output image must be the same size
                  as the input but otherwise it does long sequences of batch processing
                  in an Action very well.

                  Peter

                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Daley" <bongyiiuce@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I just need to load 1 file only. It is the Nadir shot. Either
                  > > 400x300 or 640x480. Normally is 16 bit.
                  > >
                  > > I just playing around with extreme condition i.e 10% and 90% but
                  no
                  > > hope there as well.
                  > > Daley.
                  >
                  > This sounds very wrong to me .
                  > I am on Mac and use the OSX versions by Kekus but I never heard
                  that the Windows
                  > plugins should have any memory problems for small images like yours.
                  >
                  > I almost forgot how good these plugins are as I have been using
                  PTGui or CubicConverter
                  > for extracting the nadir since PTGui Mac was launched
                  >
                  > I just tried extracting the nadir of a 8000x4000 16bit
                  > After 8 sec I had it opened in Photoshop for editing.
                  > Reconverting and and pasting it into the original was just as fast.
                  >
                  > I am going back to use this now for editing the Nadir. It is much
                  faster than anything else
                  > I used.
                  > Not sure if it is that I can use all my 8gb ram
                  > 11500x5750 in 16 bit gave me error but I had no problem in 8bit,
                  > As CubicConverter can not handle 16 bit at all this is much faster.
                  > The interpolation was spline 36 which is fine.
                  >
                  > Hans
                  >

                  > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans Nyberg" <hans@> wrote:

                  > > > How much memory do you need.
                  > > > Are you just loading 1 image. Size , 8 bit or 16 bit?
                  > > >
                  > > > Or are you loading a full spherical panoramas.
                  > > >
                  > > > Hans

                • Sacha Griffin
                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 30, 2008
                    http://wiki.panotools.org/Extracting_and_inserting_rectilinear_Views

                    Alternatively, you can use these ptgui templates. By loading an image and
                    apply the templates, you can extract an image in seconds, and perform the
                    reverse as well.

                    http://www.seeit360.net/panotools

                    The templates are set for 7000x3500. Feel free to adjust them as you see
                    fit.

                    Han wrote,

                    I used.
                    Not sure if it is that I can use all my 8gb ram
                    11500x5750 in 16 bit gave me error but I had no problem in 8bit,
                    As CubicConverter can not handle 16 bit at all this is much faster.
                    The interpolation was spline 36 which is fine.

                    You must have a memory limitation in photoshop. I reached a similar
                    limitation with only 2GB of ram.

                    The plugins are fine for small panoramas, but they do get annoying
                    frequently when they fail around 8000x4000 if you have been using photoshop
                    for awhile.

                    "Hans Nyberg" <hans@...> wrote:

                    > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>
                    , "Daley" <bongyiiuce@> wrote:

                    > > Still have error message. I goto preference ->Memory and cache.
                    > > Default seting as below :
                    > >
                    > > Available RAM : 1760Mb
                    > > Maximum use by Photoshop :55% (968Mb)
                    > >
                    > > reduce to 10% (176Mb) - got error
                    > > increase to 90% (1584Mb) - got error
                    >
                    > How much memory do you need.
                    > Are you just loading 1 image. Size , 8 bit or 16 bit?
                    >
                    > Or are you loading a full spherical panoramas.
                    >
                    > Hans

                  • Pat Swovelin
                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 31, 2008
                      On 3/28/2008 5:23 PM, Sacha Griffin's hamster got loose on the keyboard
                      and typed ...:
                      > The best method, is not to use this plugin at all. Surely, you own ptgui,
                      > ptmac, or use hugin.
                      >
                      > I also have the same memory, and there is no work around, except for
                      > reducing the resolution of your image.
                      >

                      > Any function done in the plugin can be replicated using the aforementioned
                      > programs, in a quicker, faster, and easier to understand fashion, and
                      > without memory limitations.

                      Extacting the zenith and/or nadir in PTGui forces you to bounce back and
                      forth between PTGui and Photoshop (i.e., output the pano in PTGui, open
                      it in PS, do any post production clean up, save the file, open it in
                      PTGui, extract the Z/N, open the Z/N in PS and fix it, save the file,
                      reinsert it in PTGui), output a final pano. Whereas if you use PTAdjust
                      you can output the pano in PTGui, open it in PS, do any post production
                      clean up, extract theZ/N, fix it, reinsert it, save the file and you're
                      done. I prefer to use PTGui to generate the pano and PS to finalize
                      it. Then I'm only in each program once and I'm off to Pano2VR to
                      generate the final .MOVs and .SWFs. It's a lot easier than bouncing
                      back and forth between 2 programs.

                      > If you need help on a particular transformation, there are many people
                      > here
                      > who can help.
                      >

                      > Sacha Griffin
                      >
                      > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                      >
                      > http://www.southern-digital.com
                      >
                      > http://www.seeit360.net
                      >
                      > 404-551-4275

                      Pat Swovelin
                      Cool Guy @ Large
                    • Daley
                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
                        hi guys,

                        thanks for those info, link , wiki website etc...these few days I
                        read like crazy, bouncing between those pano websites until my head
                        like flying off.

                        Good news ,I managed to solve the RAM problem. Those having same
                        error before can follow below step :

                        1. fire up PS, notice the plugin name "Panoramic tool"

                        2. download latest ver plugin

                        3. download latest ver panolib http://photocreations.ca/panotools/
                        *Note : chosoe faster ver

                        4. install them, run panoinfo , make sure panolib ver 2.8.0

                        5. restart ps, now plugin name change to "epaperless"

                        6. run plugin. viola** it run !

                        ok, now that i have extracted partial view from equirectangular,
                        that's fine. thanks. but my handheld nadir shoot still in fisheye
                        format, what tool to defish it so that can patch the partial view ?
                        Thanks.

                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...>
                        wrote:

                        > On 3/28/2008 5:23 PM, Sacha Griffin's hamster got loose on the
                        keyboard
                        > and typed ...:
                        > > The best method, is not to use this plugin at all. Surely, you
                        own ptgui,
                        > > ptmac, or use hugin.
                        > >
                        > > I also have the same memory, and there is no work around, except
                        for
                        > > reducing the resolution of your image.
                        > >

                        > > Any function done in the plugin can be replicated using the
                        aforementioned
                        > > programs, in a quicker, faster, and easier to understand
                        fashion, and
                        > > without memory limitations.
                        >
                        > Extacting the zenith and/or nadir in PTGui forces you to bounce
                        back and
                        > forth between PTGui and Photoshop (i.e., output the pano in PTGui,
                        open
                        > it in PS, do any post production clean up, save the file, open it
                        in
                        > PTGui, extract the Z/N, open the Z/N in PS and fix it, save the
                        file,
                        > reinsert it in PTGui), output a final pano. Whereas if you use
                        PTAdjust
                        > you can output the pano in PTGui, open it in PS, do any post
                        production
                        > clean up, extract theZ/N, fix it, reinsert it, save the file and
                        you're
                        > done. I prefer to use PTGui to generate the pano and PS to
                        finalize
                        > it. Then I'm only in each program once and I'm off to Pano2VR to
                        > generate the final .MOVs and .SWFs. It's a lot easier than
                        bouncing
                        > back and forth between 2 programs.
                        >
                        > > If you need help on a particular transformation, there are many
                        people
                        > > here
                        > > who can help.
                        > >

                        > > Sacha Griffin
                        > >
                        > > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                        > >
                        > > http://www.southern-digital.com
                        > >
                        > > http://www.seeit360.net
                      • ptgroup
                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
                          Hm - my plugin never changed name, it stays the same
                          "epaperless" sound weird I know epaperpress, that is where PTLens comes
                          from.
                          But I never had such RAM problems as you mentioned.
                          Ciao
                          Mike
                          www.360de.de

                          ----------------------------------

                          -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

                          wrote:

                          > On 3/28/2008 5:23 PM, Sacha Griffin's hamster got loose on the
                          keyboard
                          > and typed ...:
                          > > The best method, is not to use this plugin at all. Surely, you
                          own ptgui,
                          > > ptmac, or use hugin.
                          > >
                          > > I also have the same memory, and there is no work around, except
                          for
                          > > reducing the resolution of your image.
                          > >

                          > > Any function done in the plugin can be replicated using the
                          aforementioned
                          > > programs, in a quicker, faster, and easier to understand
                          fashion, and
                          > > without memory limitations.
                          >
                          > Extacting the zenith and/or nadir in PTGui forces you to bounce
                          back and
                          > forth between PTGui and Photoshop (i.e., output the pano in PTGui,
                          open
                          > it in PS, do any post production clean up, save the file, open it
                          in
                          > PTGui, extract the Z/N, open the Z/N in PS and fix it, save the
                          file,
                          > reinsert it in PTGui), output a final pano. Whereas if you use
                          PTAdjust
                          > you can output the pano in PTGui, open it in PS, do any post
                          production
                          > clean up, extract theZ/N, fix it, reinsert it, save the file and
                          you're
                          > done. I prefer to use PTGui to generate the pano and PS to
                          finalize
                          > it. Then I'm only in each program once and I'm off to Pano2VR to
                          > generate the final .MOVs and .SWFs. It's a lot easier than
                          bouncing
                          > back and forth between 2 programs.
                          >
                          > > If you need help on a particular transformation, there are many
                          people
                          > > here
                          > > who can help.
                          > >

                          > > Sacha Griffin
                          > >
                          > > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                          > >
                          > > http://www.southern-digital.com
                          > >
                          > > http://www.seeit360.net

                          Checked by AVG.
                          19:15

                        • Sacha Griffin
                          Message 12 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
                            Yes, if it works at your memory limit, the plugins are great. I used them
                            before I learned templating and could still use them since I've gone to a 5d
                            w 10.5.

                            However, both methods should be in ones toolkit, and they are both tricky
                            and eccentric the first time. Without using a template, it IS a giant hassle
                            and a lot of extra clicks. I've found that proper editing of a 360 panorama
                            is one of the least understood phases for those just introduced. Its
                            important to know how to do it, without relying on cubic convertor/panocube
                            and potentially other steps/programs that may degrade the quality that were
                            never meant for this purpose.

                            The good thing about panotools gui's method, is that it always works no
                            matter how many thousands of dollars you didn't spend on your computer.

                            Unfortunately, I bounce around a lot. My workflow goes

                            Firefox (Pandora music)

                            Photoshop raw

                            Enfuse

                            Ptgui

                            FSPViewer

                            Ptgui (n or z extract)

                            Photoshop

                            Ptgui (n or z insert)

                            FSPViewer

                            Photoshop

                            FSPViewer

                            Pano2vr droplet via a sendto shortcut for fpp cubefaces

                            Notetab

                            Ws_ftp

                            Firefox (Preview)

                            BTW, I don't have a hamster, just a squirrel digging up my lettuce sprouts.
                            Anyone have a source for lawn ornaments in the shape of a cat?

                            Pat Swovelin
                            Cool Guy @ Large

                            Message 13 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
                              On Tuesday, April 01, 2008 at 17:26, Daley wrote:

                              > ok, now that i have extracted partial view from equirectangular,
                              > that's fine. thanks. but my handheld nadir shoot still in fisheye
                              > format, what tool to defish it so that can patch the partial view ?

                              What program did you use to stitch the equirectangular? I assume it
                              was from the panotools family: hugin, PTGui, PTMac, PTAssembler
                              should be all more or less the same.

                              Extracting a floor partial view is great if you want to edit the
                              tripod hole directly f.e. by doubling floor tiles or cloning other
                              regular structures. If you want to insert a fisheye shot into an
                              rectilinear image the best way is to stitch them. You need to fix the
                              rectilinear view of course by not allowing to optimize any parameter
                              (FoV must be set manually, yaw, roll and pitch as well as lens
                              correction a, b and c all stay 0.0) The fisheye view needs
                              individual lens paramters, you must allow for the optimization of all
                              paramters to get a good fit.

                              However, it is not necessary if you want to insert a nadir shot into
                              a spherical panorama. You can simply add it to your original project.
                              There is a short tutorial (with screenshots from an outdated PTGui
                              version - but as said above, any of the GUIs should do):
                              http://wiki.panotools.org/Stitching_Nadir_Shots
                              A discussion of different nadir editing techniques is found on
                              http://wiki.panotools.org/Zenith_and_Nadir_editing_overview

                              best regards
                            • dalileis
                              Message 14 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
                                For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
                                app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:

                                http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_spheretocubic.php

                                It's superb.

                                Does not interrupt your 16 bit workflow, in other words it works
                                splendidly in 16bit.

                                It gives you options to rotate and preview nadir/zenith before the
                                actual convertion takes place.

                                It's fast. It uses Photoshop standard interpolators.

                                It is itself Photoshop plugin, no need to go outside Photoshop.

                                It extracts both nadir and zenith in one go. Re-inserts them again in
                                one go. It's a time saver. It should be WAY more popular than it seems
                                to be.

                                It's free. You can donate if you'de like, though.

                                Start using this NOW.

                                Highly recommended, as they say on Dpreview.

                                Regards,

                                Dalileis
                                Message 15 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
                                  On Tuesday, April 01, 2008 at 22:23, dalileis wrote:

                                  > It extracts both nadir and zenith in one go. Re-inserts them again in
                                  > one go. It's a time saver. It should be WAY more popular than it seems
                                  > to be.
                                  >
                                  > It's free. You can donate if you'de like, though.
                                  >
                                  > Start using this NOW.

                                  Would you write a short description for the wiki? Or a tutorial if
                                  possible? I'd very much like to include it in the zenith and nadir
                                  editing overview...

                                  best regards
                                • PanoToolsNG.10.m8@spamgourmet.com
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
                                    This could be your answer...(the memory size one being the more important
                                    point)

                                    Quoted from the website:
                                    ------------------------
                                    Known issues:
                                    - The plugins don't work with float images. I will be able to support float
                                    as soon as FilterMeister does.
                                    - Running the plugins eat a lot of memory, about three times as much as the
                                    images themselves. On my 3Gb machine I hit the roof at 10000 pixel float
                                    images. Other users with 2Gb of RAM have been able to convert maximum 6000
                                    pixel images. I am looking into this, but since there's little memory
                                    managment I can do I'm afraid that this also is a limitation of
                                    FilterMeister.
                                    ------------------------

                                    Often I also prefer to use a rectilinear view for the nadir; especially if
                                    looking at a regular patterned surface. (eg. Tiles, floorboards, etc.)

                                    Cheers,
                                    Darren.

                                    )
[...]
                                  • AYRTON
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
                                      On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:23 PM, dalileis <dalileis@...> wrote:

                                      > For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
                                      > app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:

                                      Because most professionals use MAC :-)
                                      And this is windows only.

                                      > http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_spheretocubic.php
                                      >
                                      > It's superb.
                                      >
                                      > Does not interrupt your 16 bit workflow, in other words it works
                                      > splendidly in 16bit.
                                      >
                                      > It gives you options to rotate and preview nadir/zenith before the
                                      > actual convertion takes place.
                                      >
                                      > It's fast. It uses Photoshop standard interpolators.
                                      >
                                      > It is itself Photoshop plugin, no need to go outside Photoshop.
                                      >
                                      > It extracts both nadir and zenith in one go. Re-inserts them again in
                                      > one go. It's a time saver. It should be WAY more popular than it seems
                                      > to be.
                                      >
                                      > It's free. You can donate if you'de like, though.
                                      >
                                      > Start using this NOW.
                                      >
                                      > Highly recommended, as they say on Dpreview.
                                      >
                                      > Regards,
                                      >
                                      > Dalileis

                                      ------------
                                      | A Y R |
                                      | T O N |
                                      ------------

                                      + 55 21 9982 6313

                                      http://ayrton360.com
                                      http://rio.360cities.net
                                      http://vrfolio.com
                                      http://ayrton.com

                                    • Daley
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
                                        ha, you real funny there. i got 4 cats, 3 dogs here though. Mostly
                                        lost their way. some cats stay for few month didn't make it(old),
                                        some stay n run away but come back later. Some newcomer. I just let
                                        them in n out. One happy family!

                                        Sure will look your templating http://www.seeit360.net/panotools.

                                        Tq everyone, great detail, explanation. The more i learn , the more
                                        i don't know.

                                        Daley.

                                        > BTW, I don't have a hamster, just a squirrel digging up my
                                        lettuce sprouts.
                                        > Anyone have a source for lawn ornaments in the shape of a cat?
                                        >

                                        > Sacha Griffin
                                        >
                                        > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                                        >
                                        > http://www.southern-digital.com
                                        >
                                        > http://www.seeit360.net
                                        >
                                        > 404-551-4275

                                      • Pat Swovelin
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
                                          On 4/1/2008 7:00 PM, AYRTON's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
                                          typed ...:
                                          > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:23 PM, dalileis <dalileis@...> wrote:
                                          >
                                          >> For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
                                          >> app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:
                                          >

                                          > Because most professionals use MAC :-)

                                          "Professionals," no matter what OS they use, know that platform wars are
                                          unnecessarily divisive and not productive to intelligently discussing
                                          issues.

                                          > And this is windows only.

                                          Pat Swovelin
                                          Cool Guy @ Large
                                        • Pat Swovelin
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Apr 1, 2008
                                            On 4/1/2008 11:11 AM, Sacha Griffin's hamster got loose on the keyboard
                                            and typed ...:
                                            > Yes, if it works at your memory limit, the plugins are great. I used them
                                            > before I learned templating and could still use them since I've gone
                                            > to a 5d
                                            > w 10.5.
                                            >
                                            > However, both methods should be in ones toolkit, and they are both tricky
                                            > and eccentric the first time. Without using a template, it IS a giant
                                            > hassle
                                            > and a lot of extra clicks. I've found that proper editing of a 360
                                            > panorama
                                            > is one of the least understood phases for those just introduced. Its
                                            > important to know how to do it, without relying on cubic
                                            > convertor/panocube
                                            > and potentially other steps/programs that may degrade the quality that
                                            > were
                                            > never meant for this purpose.
                                            >
                                            > The good thing about panotools gui's method, is that it always works no
                                            > matter how many thousands of dollars you didn't spend on your computer.
                                            >

                                            > Unfortunately, I bounce around a lot. My workflow goes
                                            >
                                            > Firefox (Pandora music)
                                            >
                                            > Photoshop raw
                                            >
                                            > Enfuse
                                            >
                                            > Ptgui
                                            >
                                            > FSPViewer
                                            >
                                            > Ptgui (n or z extract)
                                            >
                                            > Photoshop
                                            >
                                            > Ptgui (n or z insert)
                                            >
                                            > FSPViewer
                                            >
                                            > Photoshop
                                            >
                                            > FSPViewer

                                            Instead of bouncing out to FSPViewer (as good as it is) you can send the
                                            equirect directly to DevalVR from within Photoshop without having to
                                            save it as a .TIF first. It's *really* slick.

                                            > Pano2vr droplet via a sendto shortcut for fpp cubefaces
                                            >
                                            > Notetab
                                            >
                                            > Ws_ftp
                                            >
                                            > Firefox (Preview)
                                            >

                                            > BTW, I don't have a hamster, just a squirrel digging up my lettuce
                                            > sprouts.
                                            > Anyone have a source for lawn ornaments in the shape of a cat?

                                            No but you can call Homeland Security to get rid of him. "Save the
                                            sprouts! Save the sprouts!" should be your rallying cry. =8^)

                                            Pat Swovelin
                                            Cool Guy @ Large
                                          • Keith Martin
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Apr 2, 2008
                                              Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 22:23 +0000) dalileis said:

                                              >For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
                                              >app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:
                                              >
                                              >http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_spheretocubic.php

                                              Two good reasons.

                                              One, this is the first time I've heard of it.
                                              And two, these Photoshop plugins are Windows only, gosh-darn it!

                                            • Geoff Mather
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Apr 2, 2008
                                                It also works within Paint Shop Pro XI (No reason why earlier versions
                                                won't work either) as well simply save the files into the PlugIns
                                                folder and your away.

                                                Geoff
                                              • Rune Spaans
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Jun 16, 2008

                                                  > Sometime around 1/4/08 (at 22:23 +0000) dalileis said:
                                                  >
                                                  > >For the life of me, I don't understand why everyone is not using this
                                                  > >app for nadir/zenith extraction/insertion:
                                                  > >
                                                  > >http://www.superrune.com/technical/software_spheretocubic.php
                                                  >
                                                  > Two good reasons.
                                                  >
                                                  > One, this is the first time I've heard of it.
                                                  > And two, these Photoshop plugins are Windows only, gosh-darn it!

                                                  I hope to have native Photoshop Windows and Mac version of these
                                                  plugins released in a year. We finally got a Mac here in the house,
                                                  and I am looking at the Photoshop SDK in my spare time. That will lead
                                                  to a faster and more memory efficient plugin as well :)

                                                  Rune