have spinner ready to snap

  • Terry Thrift
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2008
      I made a spinner ala panovrx's ideas. This one is a screwdriver motor mounted upside down controlled by a zapshot.

      http://www.thrift.com/terry/spinners/screwdriver%20spinner.jpg

      However, I had trouble slowing it down enough to suit me.
      When I saw Phil Warner's pano duino design, I decided to try a pan only version of his approach.

      It is not nearly as elegant looking as the first spinner.
      But, the timing of the motion and shutter release are programable.

      http://www.thrift.com/terry/spinners/pano%20unuino%20second%20prototype.jpg

      I used the camera mount that I had made for the first spinner.
      That decision leaves an obvious opportunity to reduce the weight.

      But I think it time to take some pictures instead of refining the design right now.

      -Terry-