Re: Nikon 10,5mm with moving people

  • Martin Hrdlicka
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2006
      Ooh, yes, I did it many times before I showed my attempts.

      Without technique of Photoshop layered picture+ masking I wouldn't
      even dare to share my panos.

      Martin

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "smarfingerfeulcher" <rmlcd@...>
      wrote:

      > RE people in the panorama...
      >
      > One strategy that works tolerably is to assemble the pano as a layered
      > PS image then mask out the problems.
      >
      > Not always perfect, but can really help....

    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2006
        On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:30:29 +0900, Martin Hrdlicka
        <martin.hrdlicka@...> wrote:

        > I'd like to share my first attempt with 10,5mm lens among moving people.
        > I made 10 pictures - 6portrait, 1zenith and three for nadir on my
        > 360precision.
        > http://www.mh360.com
        >
        > I find that is not practical shooting with this lens between moving
        > objects.

        Do you mean it is not practical because of the quality of the finished
        panorama or because of the amount of effort it takes to create them?

        I would say the panoramas work beautifully, and that most of the weirdness
        has been limited to shadows, which many will not notice. There IS one
        poor man who has had to sacrifice his right leg to your panorama.... But
        the quality is quite beautiful (great lens, and you make the best of it).

        But I can imagine how much work it is to clean up the anatominal bits
        and pieces of people at the seams...

        Roger W.

        --
        Work: www.adex-japan.com, Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
      • Martin Hrdlicka
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2, 2006
          > Do you mean it is not practical because of the quality of the finished
          > panorama or because of the amount of effort it takes to create them?

          Both. First effort was to avoid people which were changing very close
          to the guard and then to predict their movement. I stood there quite
          long time a made a lot of photos. Second effort was to choose the best
          pictures for stitching and then blending and blending the layers. I
          tried to avoid them to come closer because of nadir shooting. This is
          the problem.

          That is why I wait for the new Sigma 8mm/f3,5 lens. It will be more
          suitable for such kind of scene.

          > I would say the panoramas work beautifully, and that most of the
          weirdness
          > has been limited to shadows, which many will not notice. There IS one
          > poor man who has had to sacrifice his right leg to your panorama.... But
          > the quality is quite beautiful (great lens, and you make the best of
          it).

          > But I can imagine how much work it is to clean up the anatominal bits
          > and pieces of people at the seams...
          >
          > Roger W.
          >
          > --
          > Work: www.adex-japan.com, Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger

          I will keep shooting and improving myself.
          Regards Martin