Re: [PanoToolsNG] 360-video from Katrina on MSNBC

  • jwatters@photocreations.ca
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2006
      Rick Drew wrote:
      > Nice concept, but I find the FOV too narrow and the lack of distortion
      > correction annoying. Plus their interface locked up two different
      > computers.
      >

      > Rick

      The lack of perspective correction is annoying but unlike others pans
      that try to show very high vertical fov I find this tolerable. When the
      vertical fov is increased the horizontal and vertical fov on the viewing
      window is also increased. Then means what might seam like a slight
      change in viewing angle points you around 180 deg. I found those very
      difficult to navigate. On the other hand this one was much more
      intuitive. I am still looking for a viewer that can handle perspective
      correction and can show full spherical video.

      --
      Jim Watters

      Yahoo ID: j1vvy ymsgr:sendIM?j1vvy
      jwatters @ photocreations . ca
      http://photocreations.ca
    • Matthias Taugwalder
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31, 2006
        Take also a look at their making of page... see
        http://risingfromruin.msnbc.com/2005/11/you_write_the_c.html

        What I like is the interface they have to view the panoramic videos... Is
        Microsoft now finally seeing the $$$ in panoramic photography and video?

      • johnriley
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
          Is this in some Windows-only format? I click on your link,
          then
          on the link that says "360 video tour", then the pictures at
          the
          top rotate around to where it originally was and no video.
          Am I
          just being dense? I don't see anything resembling video.
          No
          warnings that I don't have a proper plugin, etc.

          John