Re: [PanoToolsNG] Olympus E10 + Zuiko8mm

  • jook360
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2006
      I had a chance to take two *quick* side by side pictures with my 8mm/
      2.8 Nikkor on my Nikon D2x and Dennis Beila's 8mm/2.8 Zuiko on his
      Canon MkII camera. Each camera were on separate tripods.

      Download the archive and make your own conclusions. (34MB for my 2
      jpgs and two raw files)
      Note image contrast, flare and light fall-off.

      http://360vr.com/Oly8mm.zip

      cheers,
      Jook Leung

      On Aug 31, 2006, at 7:25 PM, Luca Vascon wrote:

      > If only I could find an 8mm 2.8 Zuiko I'd buy the 150 euros Kindai
      > adapter for it...
      > Unfortunately they sell higher than nikkors, for collectors only....
      > My loved 20D is crying for one!!! It was an "equisolid angular
      > projection fisheye", scientific, survey and measure lens.
      > http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/
      > olympusom1n2/shared/zuiko/htmls/fish8mm.htm
      > Skip Williams used it for some panoramas, than he unfortunately
      > sold the lens, so I could not ask for some digital samples, but it
      > looks really OK!!!!
      >
      > Zuiko lenses were better than many other great manufacturers, the
      > hi grade ones are comparable with leitz and zeiss ones. The big
      > minus is the coating! never excelled in this thing.
      > Neither tried the clever 16mm olympus (seems a derivate design).
      > Other great lenses were the 18mm, both the 21mm, with a mention for
      > the f3.5, a 24 and a 28mm f2, the 35mm f2, the 50mm f1.4 (the 1.8
      > is so and so, the 1.2 is a poor performer in many situations), than
      > I know a clever 100mm f2 and a more than clever 180mm 2.8.
      > Both a 200 f2 and a 300 2.8 were late addiction, with a 35-70 f
      > 2.8. Fantastic lenses with esotheric prices.
      >
      > What about the latest 8mm for the 4/3 system?
      > The lens design is close to the 10.5 nikkor. It could be a cool lens!
      > Never had one in my hands, if I had an Olympus (it would be the 330
      > or the 500) it would be one of the two lenses (another would be the
      > 6o macro)
      >
      > LucaVascon

      Jook Leung Photography
      360VR Images - 360 degree Panoramic photography
      Web: http://360vr.com
      E-mail: jook@...