New poll for PanoToolsNG

  • PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 31 6:41 PM
      PanoToolsNG group:

      Do you wish posts to this Yahoo Group to be fed to
      GMANE for redistribution? This convenient service
      allows anyone to find out your E-mail address.

      o Yes: Continue the feed
      o No: Terminate the feed

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 26, 2006
        PanoToolsNG group:

        This is a test poll so that I can learn how to set up the Moderator vote. Please ignore.

        o A - Yes
        o A - No
        o B - Yes
        o B - No
        o C - Yes
        o C - No
        o D - Yes
        o D - No
        o E - Yes
        o E - No

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!
      • PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 26, 2006
          PanoToolsNG group:

          Please vote YES or NO for the following candidates
          for the position of Moderator. The top seven who have
          the most YES votes after all NO votes have been subtracted
          will become our first group of officially elected moderators.

          o Roger Williams - Yes
          o Roger Williams - No
          o Mark Banas - Yes
          o Mark Banas - No
          o Roger Howard - Yes
          o Roger Howard - No
          o Ian Wood - Yes
          o Ian Wood - No
          o Carl von Einem - Yes
          o Carl von Einem - No
          o Erik Krause - Yes
          o Erik Krause - No
          o Kathy Wheeler - Yes
          o Kathy Wheeler - No
          o Mark Fink - Yes
          o Mark Fink - No

          web site listed above.

          Thanks!
        • Jakob Norstedt-Moberg
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 27, 2006
            I read message 3587 about a test poll, so I skipped message 3588 with
            exactly the same title. It took me a day to notice the new poll.
            Perhaps there are some others also overlooking the message 3588.

            Jakob
          • Mark D. Fink
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 27, 2006
              Hi everyone,

              Well, I've made a bit of a mess of this poll for moderators. Apparently, not
              everyone, (current moderators included), got the request for volunteers. In
              addition, I accidentally added Roger Howard as a candidate. So, that
              effectively leaves seven candidates for seven positions. The outcome of that
              is fairly predictable.

              I'm going to close this poll and put another call for moderators out. Those
              who already responded don't need to respond again. My apologies for the
              confusion.

              Mark
              www.pinnacle-vr.com
              www.northernlight.net

              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 4, 2006
                PanoToolsNG group:

                Which viewer did you prefer?

                o Quicktime
                o Devalvr
                o Spi-V
                o PTviewer
                o Pureplayerpro

                web site listed above.

                Thanks!
              • Peter Nyfeler
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 4, 2006
                  PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com schrieb:
                  > Which viewer did you prefer?
                  >
                  > o Quicktime
                  > o Devalvr
                  > o Spi-V
                  > o PTviewer
                  > o Pureplayerpro

                  Flash-Player from Thomas Rauscher is missing. Ok, it's in beta stage but
                  worth to list, isn't it?

                  Best regards

                  Peter
                • Vincent Ogloblinsky
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 4, 2006
                    Hi,

                    I am sorry but i miss reading the indications when editing the poll for
                    adding the Flash-Player from Thomas Rauscher choice, the 23 previous
                    answers are lost, sorry for those who reply to this poll.
                    I think this list is representative of all famous viewers used in
                    webpages.
                    Otherwise, i have some questions for members of this groups:
                    - is it a good solution to use javascript to select the viewer or giving
                    the visitor the choice like on this website:
                    http://www.schleswig-holstein-360.de/pano/showpano.html?pano=SH360-002
                    <http://www.schleswig-holstein-360.de/pano/showpano.html?pano=SH360-002>
                    - or just detect plugins installed and launching the beter one like
                    here:
                    http://www.panobyte.com/360panorama.html
                    <http://www.panobyte.com/360panorama.html> (start a virtual tour to see
                    the detection)

                    Best regards

                    Vince
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 11, 2006
                      PanoToolsNG group:

                      Please vote for seven of the moderator candidates listed below.
                      The seven with the most votes will become our next group of
                      moderators. The voting will end on Monday, November 20th to give
                      everyone plenty of time to vote.

                      o Mark Banas
                      o Carl von Einem
                      o Mark Fink
                      o Erik Krause
                      o Thomas Rauscher
                      o Antonio Serrano
                      o Pat Swovelin
                      o Kathy Wheeler
                      o Roger Williams
                      o Ian Wood

                      web site listed above.

                      Thanks!
                    • PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 27, 2007
                        PanoToolsNG group:

                        Are you in favor of transferring ownership of the PanoTools NG list
                        from the current moderators to the newly formed Verein? This will
                        move the ownership from a loose collection of individuals to an
                        organized entity which can better administer and protect the list
                        and its copyrighted contents.

                        o YES
                        o NO

                        web site listed above.

                        Thanks!
                      • PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 7, 2009
                          PanoToolsNG group:

                          What is in your opinion the optimum way to use a mouse to interact with a spherical panorama (VR)?

                          o like QuickTimeVR, *pointing* toward the region of interest
                          o Like Google StreetView, *dragging* the region of interest to the middle of the window

                          web site listed above.

                          Thanks!
                        • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 7, 2009
                            Quoting PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com:

                            > PanoToolsNG group:
                            >
                            > What is in your opinion the optimum way to use a mouse to interact with a
                            > spherical panorama (VR)?
                            >
                            > o like QuickTimeVR, *pointing* toward the region of interest
                            > o Like Google StreetView, *dragging* the region of interest to the middle
                            > of the window

                            there are not enough options to make a proper poll

                            regards

                            mick

                          • Mark D. Fink
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 7, 2009
                              Brilliant... I haven't signed on to Yahoo in who knows how long, so they've
                              inactivated my account. So, how is it I still receive emails from this list?

                              Mark
                              www.pinnacle-vr.com
                              www.northernlight.net

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jun 8, 2009
                                Mark D. Fink wrote:

                                > Brilliant... I haven't signed on to Yahoo in who knows how long, so they've
                                > inactivated my account. So, how is it I still receive emails from this list?

                                Probably because you don't use your yahoo email for delivery. Seems as
                                if they deactivated your email account only, not your yahoo acount.

                                This is a reminder for all of you using a yahoo email address to renew
                                your account from time to time. We've got a lot of bouncing email
                                addresses because of terminated yahoo email accounts.

                                best regards
                              • Alexander Feldmann
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jun 8, 2009
                                  Hi,

                                  I took the time to check out the new QuickTime 7.62 that was introduced by
                                  Apple today. There is no real change in terms of QTVR support, they still
                                  support it (at least ;-) just as in previous versions.

                                  ALex

                                • Roger Howard
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jun 8, 2009
                                    On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 23:18:58 +0200, "Alexander Feldmann" <alex@...>
                                    wrote:
                                    > Hi,
                                    >
                                    > I took the time to check out the new QuickTime 7.62 that was introduced
                                    by
                                    > Apple today. There is no real change in terms of QTVR support, they still
                                    > support it (at least ;-) just as in previous versions.

                                    7.6.2 came out June 1 I think, just a minor patch. Today's announcement is
                                    Quicktime X, which is not released yet - it'll be due out with Snow Leopard
                                    later in the year. No idea whether or how good the VR support will be, but
                                    I wouldn't be surprised to see lots broken as we all know VR isn't a focus
                                    for QT, and it seems to only survive because of benign neglect; but with
                                    what's being billed as a major rewrite, they may not have invested in
                                    maintaining VR support.

                                    Anyone who knows for sure can't say at this point!
                                  • Alexander Feldmann
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jun 8, 2009
                                      Thanks for the update, the installer says June 5th, but Apple just tried to
                                      push it today with the new Safari 4. For Quicktime X, they at least have a
                                      new logo. Lets see what happens when QT X comes out.

                                      Cheers,

                                      Alex

                                      _____