Yahoo Privacy Policy Broached

  • roger_d_williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 6:36 PM
      When I joined this Yahoo Group I was pleased that Yahoo's
      privacy policy kept my E-mail address hidden from people
      who were not members of the group.

      However, GMANE makes the personal E-mail addresses of
      all who post to this group accessible to anyone.

      If anyone clicks on the incomplete form of your address
      that Yahoo uses, or the encrypted form that GMANE uses,
      they will see something similar to the display at:

      http://gmane.org/get-address.php?address=roger

      I will shortly be putting up a poll saying "Do you want
      this group's content to continue being posted to GMANE,
      YES or NO?"

      A "YES" majority will allow those who like and use
      the GMANE service to continue doing so but will leave
      addresses accessible. A "NO" majority will cut the
      feed to GMANE.

      Please do NOT reply to this message here. Discussions
      of this issue have been going on for some time in the
      Yahoo Panotools-List group. If you wish to comment or
      learn more, please join us there and keep this list
      for panorama and object-related photography.

      Roger W.

      PS You cannot vote by E-mail. You have to visit the
      Yahoo website.