Re: [PanoToolsNG] New panoramas: the revenge

  • Nicola Graverini
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
      Nicola Graverini ha scritto:
      > Sacha Griffin ha scritto:
      >> I agree the streets are whack, but if you pan around, you can see verticals
      >> are off in other places.
      > Think i found them... in the square pano, the buildings panning (at
      > least) 90° right, at the left of the tower...You mean them?
      >
      > The cathedral pano seems correct to me..

      I'm so tired... i found now what you mean... also in the cathedral one...
      Think i'll leave it till tomorrow
      :-(

      Ciao,
      Nicola
    • Guillaume Fulchiron
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
        From: "Nicola Graverini" <nicola@...>

        > Thanks to this NG, i've had many hints on how to 'upgrade' these panos,
        > so i'd like to thank you all!!
        > Here they are, straigtened and resized.
        >
        > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/piazza_grande_arezzo_qtfs.htm
        > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/duomo_arezzo_qtfs.htm

        Hi Nicola,
        I hope you won't mind if I played a little bit with one of your pano (the second one,
        "duomo arezzo") but I wanted to demonstrate what I said earlier about the way to level a
        panorama w/ vertical control points. Your italian architecural panos are great but suffer
        of off leveling as mentionned earlier by Sacha.
        So I created a page showing the modified pano and the .pts file. It's really an easy step
        so I encourage you to give a try w/ "Piazza grande arezzo".
        http://www.animatif.com/temp/leveling.htm

        Oh, and I use less compression factor to reduce the weight at 1,5 Mb

        Regards,

        Guillaume
      • Guillaume Fulchiron
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
          Oups !
          By the time I send my post you already upload your modified panos.
          Well done Nicola, this is it !

          > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/piazza_grande_arezzo_qtfs.htm
          > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/duomo_arezzo_qtfs.htm

          Reagards,