Re: Nikon 10,5mm with moving people

  • stevenkan
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 31, 2006
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Nicola Graverini <nicola@...> wrote:

      > Matthias Taugwalder ha scritto:
      > Point the lens down by -15° and you will
      > > get only a small hole in the ground which can easily patched
      afterwards...
      > > With this method you still have enough overlap for the zenith to
      stitch.

      > Doesn't the head cover more the Nadir this way???

      Yeah, I have this exact problem with my d70s + Nikkor 10.5mm. If I tilt
      it down any more than about 5° I just a lot of tripod or parts of my
      NodalNinja.

      I suppose this is a good excuse to go buy a new tripod :)
    • smarfingerfeulcher
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 31, 2006
        RE people in the panorama...

        One strategy that works tolerably is to assemble the pano as a layered
        PS image then mask out the problems.

        Not always perfect, but can really help....

      • Martin Hrdlicka
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2006
          Ooh, yes, I did it many times before I showed my attempts.

          Without technique of Photoshop layered picture+ masking I wouldn't
          even dare to share my panos.

          Martin

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "smarfingerfeulcher" <rmlcd@...>
          wrote:

          > RE people in the panorama...
          >
          > One strategy that works tolerably is to assemble the pano as a layered
          > PS image then mask out the problems.
          >
          > Not always perfect, but can really help....

        • Roger D. Williams
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2006
            On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:30:29 +0900, Martin Hrdlicka
            <martin.hrdlicka@...> wrote:

            > I'd like to share my first attempt with 10,5mm lens among moving people.
            > I made 10 pictures - 6portrait, 1zenith and three for nadir on my
            > 360precision.
            > http://www.mh360.com
            >
            > I find that is not practical shooting with this lens between moving
            > objects.

            Do you mean it is not practical because of the quality of the finished
            panorama or because of the amount of effort it takes to create them?

            I would say the panoramas work beautifully, and that most of the weirdness
            has been limited to shadows, which many will not notice. There IS one
            poor man who has had to sacrifice his right leg to your panorama.... But
            the quality is quite beautiful (great lens, and you make the best of it).

            But I can imagine how much work it is to clean up the anatominal bits
            and pieces of people at the seams...

            Roger W.

            --
            Work: www.adex-japan.com, Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
          • Martin Hrdlicka
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 2, 2006
              > Do you mean it is not practical because of the quality of the finished
              > panorama or because of the amount of effort it takes to create them?

              Both. First effort was to avoid people which were changing very close
              to the guard and then to predict their movement. I stood there quite
              long time a made a lot of photos. Second effort was to choose the best
              pictures for stitching and then blending and blending the layers. I
              tried to avoid them to come closer because of nadir shooting. This is
              the problem.

              That is why I wait for the new Sigma 8mm/f3,5 lens. It will be more
              suitable for such kind of scene.

              > I would say the panoramas work beautifully, and that most of the
              weirdness
              > has been limited to shadows, which many will not notice. There IS one
              > poor man who has had to sacrifice his right leg to your panorama.... But
              > the quality is quite beautiful (great lens, and you make the best of
              it).

              > But I can imagine how much work it is to clean up the anatominal bits
              > and pieces of people at the seams...
              >
              > Roger W.
              >
              > --
              > Work: www.adex-japan.com, Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger

              I will keep shooting and improving myself.
              Regards Martin