RE: [PanoToolsNG] New panoramas: the revenge

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
      I agree the streets are whack, but if you pan around, you can see verticals
      are off in other places.

      Sacha Griffin
      Southern Digital Solutions LLC
      www.southern-digital.com
      www.seeit360.net
      www.ezphotosafe.com
      404-551-4275
      404-731-7798

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
        Both Nicola,
        The orientation is exaggerated also by your non level tilt and wide fov. But
        that's ok for artistic purposes.

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
          Sacha Griffin ha scritto:
          > I agree the streets are whack, but if you pan around, you can see verticals
          > are off in other places.
          Think i found them... in the square pano, the buildings panning (at
          least) 90° right, at the left of the tower...You mean them?

          The cathedral pano seems correct to me..

          Thanks

          Ciao,
          Nicola
        • Nicola Graverini
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
            Nicola Graverini ha scritto:
            > Sacha Griffin ha scritto:
            >> I agree the streets are whack, but if you pan around, you can see verticals
            >> are off in other places.
            > Think i found them... in the square pano, the buildings panning (at
            > least) 90° right, at the left of the tower...You mean them?
            >
            > The cathedral pano seems correct to me..

            I'm so tired... i found now what you mean... also in the cathedral one...
            Think i'll leave it till tomorrow
            :-(

            Ciao,
            Nicola
          • Guillaume Fulchiron
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 1 10:59 AM
              From: "Nicola Graverini" <nicola@...>

              > Thanks to this NG, i've had many hints on how to 'upgrade' these panos,
              > so i'd like to thank you all!!
              > Here they are, straigtened and resized.
              >
              > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/piazza_grande_arezzo_qtfs.htm
              > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/duomo_arezzo_qtfs.htm

              Hi Nicola,
              I hope you won't mind if I played a little bit with one of your pano (the second one,
              "duomo arezzo") but I wanted to demonstrate what I said earlier about the way to level a
              panorama w/ vertical control points. Your italian architecural panos are great but suffer
              of off leveling as mentionned earlier by Sacha.
              So I created a page showing the modified pano and the .pts file. It's really an easy step
              so I encourage you to give a try w/ "Piazza grande arezzo".
              http://www.animatif.com/temp/leveling.htm

              Oh, and I use less compression factor to reduce the weight at 1,5 Mb

              Regards,

              Guillaume
            • Guillaume Fulchiron
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 1 11:29 AM
                Oups !
                By the time I send my post you already upload your modified panos.
                Well done Nicola, this is it !

                > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/piazza_grande_arezzo_qtfs.htm
                > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/duomo_arezzo_qtfs.htm

                Reagards,