RE: [PanoToolsNG] New panoramas: the revenge

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
      I never saw them the first time around. Wow, that's pretty wild if true.
      I would suggest having another go at it however, or posting your sources so
      I can show you how it probably should be.
      It can be harder to correct a post stitched file than from your originals
      because of the effects of optimizing.

      Sacha Griffin
      Southern Digital Solutions LLC
      www.southern-digital.com
      www.seeit360.net
      www.ezphotosafe.com
      404-551-4275
      404-731-7798

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
        Just look at the seats in front of the left building, the ones over
        the metallic structure, they ARE staight with the camera!
        Funny square, there's no floor straight!!! It should be tricky to
        walk some night after drink some beers ....

        pau valiente
        www.pau.cc

        El 31/08/2006, a las 17:36, Sacha Griffin escribió:

        > You may have forgot to upload your corrected panoramas. I still had
        > to tilt
        > my head alot. Unless, that's really the way they do things in
        > italy. ;)

      • Nicola Graverini
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
          Sacha Griffin ha scritto:
          > I never saw them the first time around. Wow, that's pretty wild if true.
          > I would suggest having another go at it however, or posting your sources so
          > I can show you how it probably should be.
          > It can be harder to correct a post stitched file than from your originals
          > because of the effects of optimizing.

          I'm so sad if this is true...
          which one you think is still tilted??
          Thanks

          Ciao,
          Nicola
        • Sacha Griffin
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
            I agree the streets are whack, but if you pan around, you can see verticals
            are off in other places.

            Sacha Griffin
            Southern Digital Solutions LLC
            www.southern-digital.com
            www.seeit360.net
            www.ezphotosafe.com
            404-551-4275
            404-731-7798

            Just look at the seats in front of the left building, the ones over
            the metallic structure, they ARE staight with the camera!
            Funny square, there's no floor straight!!! It should be tricky to
            walk some night after drink some beers ....

            pau valiente
            www.pau.cc

            El 31/08/2006, a las 17:36, Sacha Griffin escribió:

            > You may have forgot to upload your corrected panoramas. I still had
            > to tilt
            > my head alot. Unless, that's really the way they do things in
            > italy. ;)

          • Sacha Griffin
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
              Both Nicola,
              The orientation is exaggerated also by your non level tilt and wide fov. But
              that's ok for artistic purposes.

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
                Sacha Griffin ha scritto:
                > I agree the streets are whack, but if you pan around, you can see verticals
                > are off in other places.
                Think i found them... in the square pano, the buildings panning (at
                least) 90° right, at the left of the tower...You mean them?

                The cathedral pano seems correct to me..

                Thanks

                Ciao,
                Nicola
              • Nicola Graverini
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
                  Nicola Graverini ha scritto:
                  > Sacha Griffin ha scritto:
                  >> I agree the streets are whack, but if you pan around, you can see verticals
                  >> are off in other places.
                  > Think i found them... in the square pano, the buildings panning (at
                  > least) 90° right, at the left of the tower...You mean them?
                  >
                  > The cathedral pano seems correct to me..

                  I'm so tired... i found now what you mean... also in the cathedral one...
                  Think i'll leave it till tomorrow
                  :-(

                  Ciao,
                  Nicola
                • Guillaume Fulchiron
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
                    From: "Nicola Graverini" <nicola@...>

                    > Thanks to this NG, i've had many hints on how to 'upgrade' these panos,
                    > so i'd like to thank you all!!
                    > Here they are, straigtened and resized.
                    >
                    > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/piazza_grande_arezzo_qtfs.htm
                    > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/duomo_arezzo_qtfs.htm

                    Hi Nicola,
                    I hope you won't mind if I played a little bit with one of your pano (the second one,
                    "duomo arezzo") but I wanted to demonstrate what I said earlier about the way to level a
                    panorama w/ vertical control points. Your italian architecural panos are great but suffer
                    of off leveling as mentionned earlier by Sacha.
                    So I created a page showing the modified pano and the .pts file. It's really an easy step
                    so I encourage you to give a try w/ "Piazza grande arezzo".
                    http://www.animatif.com/temp/leveling.htm

                    Oh, and I use less compression factor to reduce the weight at 1,5 Mb

                    Regards,

                    Guillaume
                  • Guillaume Fulchiron
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
                      Oups !
                      By the time I send my post you already upload your modified panos.
                      Well done Nicola, this is it !

                      > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/piazza_grande_arezzo_qtfs.htm
                      > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/duomo_arezzo_qtfs.htm

                      Reagards,