Re: [PanoToolsNG] New panoramas: the revenge

  • Nicola Graverini
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
      Sacha Griffin ha scritto:
      > You may have forgot to upload your corrected panoramas. I still had to tilt
      > my head alot. Unless, that's really the way they do things in italy. ;)

      You may have to unload you cache...
      The ancient part of Arezzo is on a hill so we have to build tilted
      buildings...

      Ciao,
      Nicola
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
        I never saw them the first time around. Wow, that's pretty wild if true.
        I would suggest having another go at it however, or posting your sources so
        I can show you how it probably should be.
        It can be harder to correct a post stitched file than from your originals
        because of the effects of optimizing.

        Sacha Griffin
        Southern Digital Solutions LLC
        www.southern-digital.com
        www.seeit360.net
        www.ezphotosafe.com
        404-551-4275
        404-731-7798

        > You may have forgot to upload your corrected panoramas. I still had to
        tilt
        > my head alot. Unless, that's really the way they do things in italy. ;)

        You may have to unload you cache...
        The ancient part of Arezzo is on a hill so we have to build tilted
        buildings...

        Ciao,
        Nicola

      • pau
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
          Just look at the seats in front of the left building, the ones over
          the metallic structure, they ARE staight with the camera!
          Funny square, there's no floor straight!!! It should be tricky to
          walk some night after drink some beers ....

          pau valiente
          www.pau.cc

          El 31/08/2006, a las 17:36, Sacha Griffin escribió:

          > You may have forgot to upload your corrected panoramas. I still had
          > to tilt
          > my head alot. Unless, that's really the way they do things in
          > italy. ;)

        • Nicola Graverini
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
            Sacha Griffin ha scritto:
            > I never saw them the first time around. Wow, that's pretty wild if true.
            > I would suggest having another go at it however, or posting your sources so
            > I can show you how it probably should be.
            > It can be harder to correct a post stitched file than from your originals
            > because of the effects of optimizing.

            I'm so sad if this is true...
            which one you think is still tilted??
            Thanks

            Ciao,
            Nicola
          • Sacha Griffin
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
              I agree the streets are whack, but if you pan around, you can see verticals
              are off in other places.

              Sacha Griffin
              Southern Digital Solutions LLC
              www.southern-digital.com
              www.seeit360.net
              www.ezphotosafe.com
              404-551-4275
              404-731-7798

              Just look at the seats in front of the left building, the ones over
              the metallic structure, they ARE staight with the camera!
              Funny square, there's no floor straight!!! It should be tricky to
              walk some night after drink some beers ....

              pau valiente
              www.pau.cc

              El 31/08/2006, a las 17:36, Sacha Griffin escribió:

              > You may have forgot to upload your corrected panoramas. I still had
              > to tilt
              > my head alot. Unless, that's really the way they do things in
              > italy. ;)

            • Sacha Griffin
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
                Both Nicola,
                The orientation is exaggerated also by your non level tilt and wide fov. But
                that's ok for artistic purposes.

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
                  Sacha Griffin ha scritto:
                  > I agree the streets are whack, but if you pan around, you can see verticals
                  > are off in other places.
                  Think i found them... in the square pano, the buildings panning (at
                  least) 90° right, at the left of the tower...You mean them?

                  The cathedral pano seems correct to me..

                  Thanks

                  Ciao,
                  Nicola
                • Nicola Graverini
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
                    Nicola Graverini ha scritto:
                    > Sacha Griffin ha scritto:
                    >> I agree the streets are whack, but if you pan around, you can see verticals
                    >> are off in other places.
                    > Think i found them... in the square pano, the buildings panning (at
                    > least) 90° right, at the left of the tower...You mean them?
                    >
                    > The cathedral pano seems correct to me..

                    I'm so tired... i found now what you mean... also in the cathedral one...
                    Think i'll leave it till tomorrow
                    :-(

                    Ciao,
                    Nicola
                  • Guillaume Fulchiron
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
                      From: "Nicola Graverini" <nicola@...>

                      > Thanks to this NG, i've had many hints on how to 'upgrade' these panos,
                      > so i'd like to thank you all!!
                      > Here they are, straigtened and resized.
                      >
                      > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/piazza_grande_arezzo_qtfs.htm
                      > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/duomo_arezzo_qtfs.htm

                      Hi Nicola,
                      I hope you won't mind if I played a little bit with one of your pano (the second one,
                      "duomo arezzo") but I wanted to demonstrate what I said earlier about the way to level a
                      panorama w/ vertical control points. Your italian architecural panos are great but suffer
                      of off leveling as mentionned earlier by Sacha.
                      So I created a page showing the modified pano and the .pts file. It's really an easy step
                      so I encourage you to give a try w/ "Piazza grande arezzo".
                      http://www.animatif.com/temp/leveling.htm

                      Oh, and I use less compression factor to reduce the weight at 1,5 Mb

                      Regards,

                      Guillaume
                    • Guillaume Fulchiron
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
                        Oups !
                        By the time I send my post you already upload your modified panos.
                        Well done Nicola, this is it !

                        > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/piazza_grande_arezzo_qtfs.htm
                        > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/duomo_arezzo_qtfs.htm

                        Reagards,