Re: impressive nine camera 360 video

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "robert_harshman" <image360@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "panovrx" <mediavr@> wrote:
      > >
      > > http://www.siliconimaging.com/DigitalCinema/gallery_footage.html
      > >

      > > these new "custom" HD cameras, the Red, the forthcoming Scarlet,
      the
      > SI-
      > > 2K etc are very interesting I think for fisheye, timelapse,
      panoramic
      > > video applications.
      >
      > Peter, thanks for the very cool link. It's quite a system, must
      cost
      > $70,000 at least. If you look at the press release in PDF, you'll
      see
      > they are using 9 MacBook Pros? too, one for each camera.
      >
      > Looks like shooting with this is the modern version of Disney's old
      > film 360 system. I would guess you would need a re-enforced mount
      > support this setup on a car or truck or lift.
      >
      > The composite QT sample is very cool to watch.
      >
      > Thanks again for posting this.
      >
      > Robert

      Hi Robert
      with 3 Sunix cameras ($2500 each), Norpix streampix 4 software
      ($1500) plus Cineform software ($1000)
      http://www.norpix.com/products/multicamera.php
      plus 3 Fujinon 185 degree lenses ($500 each)+ 3 laptops
      you could have a compact (camera wise) spherical image video panorama
      system for $16000 or so with 1920 by 3000 pixel approx resolution at
      12 bit
      cf.
      http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=104870&page=10

      or a budget version would use 2 Sunix cameras ($800) each plus
      Streampix 4 ($1500) plus 2 Fujinon lenses ($500 each) plus one laptop
      for total $5000 or so for 1280 by 2000 pixel video panorama frames --
      plus this could be reconfigured quickly for stereo videoing

      mmmm... must save up

      Peter

      Peter