[PanoToolsNG] New panoramas: the revenge

  • Nicola Graverini
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
      Thanks to this NG, i've had many hints on how to 'upgrade' these panos,
      so i'd like to thank you all!!
      Here they are, straigtened and resized.

      http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/piazza_grande_arezzo_qtfs.htm
      http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/duomo_arezzo_qtfs.htm

      Thank you all again!

      Ciao,
      Nicola
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
        You may have forgot to upload your corrected panoramas. I still had to tilt
        my head alot. Unless, that's really the way they do things in italy. ;)

        Sacha Griffin
        Southern Digital Solutions LLC
        www.southern-digital.com
        www.seeit360.net
        www.ezphotosafe.com
        404-551-4275
        404-731-7798

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
          Sacha Griffin ha scritto:
          > You may have forgot to upload your corrected panoramas. I still had to tilt
          > my head alot. Unless, that's really the way they do things in italy. ;)

          You may have to unload you cache...
          The ancient part of Arezzo is on a hill so we have to build tilted
          buildings...

          Ciao,
          Nicola
        • Sacha Griffin
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
            I never saw them the first time around. Wow, that's pretty wild if true.
            I would suggest having another go at it however, or posting your sources so
            I can show you how it probably should be.
            It can be harder to correct a post stitched file than from your originals
            because of the effects of optimizing.

            Sacha Griffin
            Southern Digital Solutions LLC
            www.southern-digital.com
            www.seeit360.net
            www.ezphotosafe.com
            404-551-4275
            404-731-7798

            > You may have forgot to upload your corrected panoramas. I still had to
            tilt
            > my head alot. Unless, that's really the way they do things in italy. ;)

            You may have to unload you cache...
            The ancient part of Arezzo is on a hill so we have to build tilted
            buildings...

            Ciao,
            Nicola

          • pau
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
              Just look at the seats in front of the left building, the ones over
              the metallic structure, they ARE staight with the camera!
              Funny square, there's no floor straight!!! It should be tricky to
              walk some night after drink some beers ....

              pau valiente
              www.pau.cc

              El 31/08/2006, a las 17:36, Sacha Griffin escribió:

              > You may have forgot to upload your corrected panoramas. I still had
              > to tilt
              > my head alot. Unless, that's really the way they do things in
              > italy. ;)

            • Nicola Graverini
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
                Sacha Griffin ha scritto:
                > I never saw them the first time around. Wow, that's pretty wild if true.
                > I would suggest having another go at it however, or posting your sources so
                > I can show you how it probably should be.
                > It can be harder to correct a post stitched file than from your originals
                > because of the effects of optimizing.

                I'm so sad if this is true...
                which one you think is still tilted??
                Thanks

                Ciao,
                Nicola
              • Sacha Griffin
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
                  I agree the streets are whack, but if you pan around, you can see verticals
                  are off in other places.

                  Sacha Griffin
                  Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                  www.southern-digital.com
                  www.seeit360.net
                  www.ezphotosafe.com
                  404-551-4275
                  404-731-7798

                  Just look at the seats in front of the left building, the ones over
                  the metallic structure, they ARE staight with the camera!
                  Funny square, there's no floor straight!!! It should be tricky to
                  walk some night after drink some beers ....

                  pau valiente
                  www.pau.cc

                  El 31/08/2006, a las 17:36, Sacha Griffin escribió:

                  > You may have forgot to upload your corrected panoramas. I still had
                  > to tilt
                  > my head alot. Unless, that's really the way they do things in
                  > italy. ;)

                • Sacha Griffin
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
                    Both Nicola,
                    The orientation is exaggerated also by your non level tilt and wide fov. But
                    that's ok for artistic purposes.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
                      Sacha Griffin ha scritto:
                      > I agree the streets are whack, but if you pan around, you can see verticals
                      > are off in other places.
                      Think i found them... in the square pano, the buildings panning (at
                      least) 90° right, at the left of the tower...You mean them?

                      The cathedral pano seems correct to me..

                      Thanks

                      Ciao,
                      Nicola
                    • Nicola Graverini
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
                        Nicola Graverini ha scritto:
                        > Sacha Griffin ha scritto:
                        >> I agree the streets are whack, but if you pan around, you can see verticals
                        >> are off in other places.
                        > Think i found them... in the square pano, the buildings panning (at
                        > least) 90° right, at the left of the tower...You mean them?
                        >
                        > The cathedral pano seems correct to me..

                        I'm so tired... i found now what you mean... also in the cathedral one...
                        Think i'll leave it till tomorrow
                        :-(

                        Ciao,
                        Nicola
                      • Guillaume Fulchiron
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
                          From: "Nicola Graverini" <nicola@...>

                          > Thanks to this NG, i've had many hints on how to 'upgrade' these panos,
                          > so i'd like to thank you all!!
                          > Here they are, straigtened and resized.
                          >
                          > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/piazza_grande_arezzo_qtfs.htm
                          > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/duomo_arezzo_qtfs.htm

                          Hi Nicola,
                          I hope you won't mind if I played a little bit with one of your pano (the second one,
                          "duomo arezzo") but I wanted to demonstrate what I said earlier about the way to level a
                          panorama w/ vertical control points. Your italian architecural panos are great but suffer
                          of off leveling as mentionned earlier by Sacha.
                          So I created a page showing the modified pano and the .pts file. It's really an easy step
                          so I encourage you to give a try w/ "Piazza grande arezzo".
                          http://www.animatif.com/temp/leveling.htm

                          Oh, and I use less compression factor to reduce the weight at 1,5 Mb

                          Regards,

                          Guillaume
                        • Guillaume Fulchiron
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
                            Oups !
                            By the time I send my post you already upload your modified panos.
                            Well done Nicola, this is it !

                            > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/piazza_grande_arezzo_qtfs.htm
                            > http://www.sottolinea.com/internet/virtuali/duomo_arezzo_qtfs.htm

                            Reagards,