Re: New 3D crosseye panos (also posted on panoguide)

  • dorindxn
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 10, 2008
      Hi Roger, Thanks for your insights I very appreciate.

      The lateral shift in NN3 was 3 cm so I have a 6 cm lens speration.

      As I said, I need to improve my 3D retouch.
      Except for stitching all the process/retouch I done was in software
      that I wrote myself which was designed for 2d but I'll implement some
      3d brush and clone tool and selection tools mean to morph
      selection/intervention from each pixel from left-eye to right-eye is a
      corespponding map I think of from some time or maybe a simple crosseye
      preview/magnifier will help.

      It can be done almost perfectly, the moving objects can be cloned and
      placed as flat but in a diferent plane in 3d space the offest can be
      also "clonned" from nearby objects, mean to have the same offset from
      flat-left to flat-right as the genuine 3d objects. This will work for
      small/distants objects. I've done this before at conversion of the
      regular photos in 3d ones using sparated layers and then placed in 3d
      space by a particular offset and x,y position.

      Smartblend could be an option but I'm afraid that it can be smart
      enough to compensate the parallax beetween and such to reduce the 3d
      effect, so I'll not use for a while.

      thanks again,
      Dorin