RE: [PanoToolsNG] PTEditor on a MAC

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 36 , Mar 9, 2008
      Its faster to use templates of ptgui than pteditor. I can probably extract
      AND insert a nadir image in the same time it would take pteditor would take
      to just think about opening the image.

      Plus its 16bit, doesn't have java memory issues, uses fast transform Or NOT,
      etc.

      To start, open your equirectangular in pgui, set the lens to equirectangular
      360, output to rectilinear 120, -90 or 90 pitch for zenith or nadir, output
      max rez, set to tif 16 bit no compression, and save the project. For
      insertion setup the reverse.

      Then you just need to load the image in ptgui, apply the template and
      create. Maybe a 7 second process for a averagely fast computer.

      Sacha Griffin

      Southern Digital Solutions LLC

      http://www.southern-digital.com

      http://www.seeit360.net

      404-551-4275

      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 4, 2008
        Hi all.

        On 04/04/2008, at 11:53 PM, Erik Krause wrote:
        > There is more in a mail than only the visible
        > content. There is a header too, and you won't see it unless you
        > explicitely want (and your mail reader permits you). Any mail is
        > assigned a unique Message-ID in the header and threading is done by
        > header entries "References:" and/or "In-Reply-To:" with the
        > respective Message-IDs.

        Eric's right. And as this issue seems to raise hot debate frequently
        it's something we really need to act on. As such I would like to
        invite interested parties to a discussion on -List to see what we
        can / should do. Ideas and contributions appreciated.

        See you on -List.

        Cheers,
        KathyW.