Re: [PanoToolsNG] Having trouble merging two images which two off centered images

  • Leonard Evens
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 7, 2008
      On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 12:11 +0000, Snowy Aldon wrote:
      > HI,
      >
      > I've come to this thread quite late.
      >
      > I think the easiest way to approach this would be to use the
      > photomerge "filter" in photoshop. set it to keep the layers and then
      > tidy up with layer masks. As the images are in the same plane a very
      > simple stitch is required. Trying to use Hugin is overcomplicating
      > the process.

      Thanks for the suggestion. I may try it in the future.

      I mostly work under Linux, so I don't normally use Photoshop although I
      do own CS2. I use gimp and there is a plug-in called Pandora which I
      assume does essentially the same thing. I did manage to merge
      satisfactorily that way, but it turned out there were very slight
      differences in the orientation of the camera, probably because it moved
      very slightly during exposure which interfered with the merge. I
      thought hugin might to do a better job of merging the two images, and in
      any case I wanted to learn how to do it with hugin. When I finally got
      straight how to do it and corrected some control point errors, it turned
      out not to be so complicated. Also, hugin can work with 16 bitsper
      channel images while gimp as of yet cannot. I don't know if this is one
      of the things that Photoshop can do with 16 bits per channel.