Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Manfrotto 3416 Leveling Base

  • Luca Vascon
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 3, 2008
      VERY COOL even veruy cool website.
      http://www.stativfreak.de/GALERIES/3BEIN/BERLEBACH/REPORT9033/index.htm
      However, mine is more SNOB!
      :-DDDDDDDD

      Thomas Krueger ha scritto:

      > After 20 years on Manfrotto 055 I switched to Gitzo GT2540LVL with
      > integrated leveler.
      >
      > Here are a couple of pictures, look at the leveler on picture 3:
      > http://www.stativfreak.de/GALERIES/3BEIN/GITZO/G2540LVL/index.htm
      > <http://www.stativfreak.de/GALERIES/3BEIN/GITZO/G2540LVL/index.htm>

    • panovrx
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 3, 2008
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Krueger" <krueger@...>
        wrote:

        > After 20 years on Manfrotto 055 I switched to Gitzo GT2540LVL with
        > integrated leveler.
        >
        > Here are a couple of pictures, look at the leveler on picture 3:
        > http://www.stativfreak.de/GALERIES/3BEIN/GITZO/G2540LVL/index.htm

        Yes this is a very strong design concept. I have a giant old
        Bilora/Durst tripod that works like this except there is actually a
        geared elevating column that runs through the centre of the ball collar
        leveling head.

        I use it for car interior etc panoramas with a pole/counterweight
        arrangement mounted on top of it. Very useful for precise positioning.
        Here it is
        http://www.mediavr.com/durst.jpg
        (without legs at the moment)
        Peter