Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: New samples made with the Sigma 4.5mm + Nikon D300.

  • panokaemena@mac.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 3, 2008
      Here some prices in Germany

      Tokina
      <http://www.preistrend.de/suchen.php?q=Tokina+10-17&s=0&a=&z=&x=20&y=5>
      from 477 Euros onwards

      Nikon 10.5
      <http://www.preistrend.de/suchen.php?q=Nikon+10.5&s=0&a=&z=&x=0&y=0>
      from 655 Euro onwards

      Sigma 8/3.5
      <http://www.preistrend.de/suchen.php?q=Sigma+8mm&s=0&a=&z=&x=34&y=3>
      from 641 Euros onwards

      Sigma 4.5
      <http://www.preistrend.de/Preisvergleich_Sigma_EX_-_Fischaugenobjektiv_-_4_5_mm_-_f_2_8_DC_HSM__x72497F0A017D77.html

      from 697 Euros onward

      Willy Kaemena

      http://bremen.360cities.net/
      http://syria.360cities.net/
      http://lisbon.360cities.net/

      On Mar 3, 2008, at 1:20, Hans Nyberg wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ptgroup" <ptgroup@...> wrote:
      >
      > > As far as I´ve seen there is no European distributor around - not
      > to speak
      > > from the Hamburg area.
      >
      > http://www.360tacticalvr.co.uk/
      >
      > But the price £562.50 ex Vat is higher than Nikkor 10.5 or Sigma 8mm
      > not to talk about the
      > Tokina 10-17mm which you can buy in UK for around £299.95 including
      > Vat
      >
      > Ok I have to say that the Nikkor 10.5mm is just £354.95 at Amazon
      > 360 Tactical VR wants £450.00 ex Vat
      >
      > Hans

      Willy Kaemena

      http://bremen.360cities.net/
      http://syria.360cities.net/
      http://lisbon.360cities.net/

    • Roberto Gomez Torres
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 3, 2008
        Hi Keith,

        Thanks a lot for taking the time to view my panoramas.
        I really appreciated that.

        >> They look fine to me as well. Impressive handling of difficult lighting.

        Enfuse is working great.

        >> Absolutely! That would be *very* interesting for me. The workflow
        >> sounds nice and quick, and the results do look good - although it
        >> isn't possible from your pano to know how sharp and large things
        >> *could* be.

        The final equirectangular file I got is on average 4,500 x 2,500 pixels.

        The lens will be very useful for quick photographic in crowded places like
        you point. Also on small areas were a table tripod can be practical since
        the setup can be fast and small.
        One area where I can see big benefits is using it for pole panoramas. On my
        next camping trip I will try to buy a nice pole and make some tests again
        with this Sigma 4.5mm.

        But for quality, resolution and sharpness I will continue to use my Nikon
        10.5mm.
        Each lens have it's pros and cons.

        >> It would be great to see a single original file

        Sure, no problem.
        At my web site I have uploaded a NEF file for you to play with (10.7 MB) :

        http://www.tiempo-digital.com/galeria/sigma_4_5_mm_sample.nef

        Hope that helps.
        ======================
        Roberto Gómez Torres
        Tiempo Digital
        Mexico City, Mexico
        www.tiempo-digital.com
        ======================

        Re: New samples made with the Sigma 4.5mm + Nikon D300.
        Posted by: "Keith Martin" keith@... the1keith
        Sun Mar 2, 2008 4:07 am (PST)
        Sometime around 2/3/08 (at 11:08 +0100) Web-Connection GmbH said:

        >I think you have done a good selection to show hard light circumstances and
        >for my side the panoramas looks not to flat.

        They look fine to me as well. Impressive handling of difficult lighting.

        >What size do your panoramas measure at the end and could you show us one
        >original shot out the cam, I guess that would be very interesting for a few
        >of us?

        Absolutely! That would be *very* interesting for me. The workflow
        sounds nice and quick, and the results do look good - although it
        isn't possible from your pano to know how sharp and large things
        *could* be.
        I'm considering pitching for more access at more festivals to shoot
        panos, and a hand-held or monopod three or four-shot process sounds
        rather tempting for chaotic environments where my normal rig (tripod,
        360Precision & 10.5mm) is too crowd-unfriendly.
        It would be great to see a single original file and to know what your
        maximum pano size is with this lens and your D300.

      • Roberto Gomez Torres
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 3, 2008
          Hi Tommy,

          At the footer of all my panoramas I put the ISO setting and also the lens
          aperture used.
          When not using Bracketing also the time of the exposure.

          For those tests I only used ISO 200 on the Nikon D300.

          ======================
          Roberto Gómez Torres
          Tiempo Digital
          Mexico City, Mexico
          www.tiempo-digital.com
          ======================

          Re: New samples made with the Sigma 4.5mm + Nikon D300.
          Posted by: "qsecofr88888" fatchai@... qsecofr88888

          Sun Mar 2, 2008 5:43 am (PST)

          nice pano. i also hope i can upgrade to d300 soon.
          what iso did you use for your indoor pano?
          cheers
          tommy
        • Roberto Gomez Torres
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 3, 2008
            Hello Ed,

            >> A really nice set of images - a pleasure to see
            >> and good examples of handling difficult lighting.

            Gracias amigo.

            >> Were all images bracketed?
            >> How many bracketed shots did you use per image?

            Yes, all images were bracketed.

            The Nikon D300 maximum EV step that it allows are increments of 1 EV.

            So for the first two panoramas I used -4EV, -3EV, -2EV, -1EV, 0EV, +1EV,
            +2EV, +3EV, +4EV (9 auto bracket images).
            For the third one (outdoor) I used -2EV, -1EV, 0EV, +1EV (4 auto bracket
            images).
            For the fourth one I used -3EV, -2EV, -1EV, 0EV, +1EV, +2EV, +3EV (7 auto
            bracket images).
            And for the fifth one I used -2EV, -1EV, 0EV, +1EV, +2EV (5 auto bracket
            image and hard instructions to my friends to not move).

            >> Did you use a table tripod in the cafe?

            Sure, I have a little Bogen Manfrotto table tripod that i like to use a lot.
            Here you can find it :

            http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/171046-REG/Bogen_Manfrotto_3007KIT_3007_Tabletop_Tripod_Kit.html

            >> Isn't the cafe where the "real" decisions get made? ;-)

            You are right !

            ======================
            Roberto Gómez Torres
            Tiempo Digital
            Mexico City, Mexico
            www.tiempo-digital.com
            ======================

            Re: New samples made with the Sigma 4.5mm + Nikon D300.
            Posted by: "ebig_foto" ebig_foto@... ebig_foto
            Sun Mar 2, 2008 2:26 pm (PST)

            A really nice set of images - a pleasure to see and good examples of
            handling difficult lighting.

            A couple questions:

            Were all images bracketed?

            How many bracketed shots did you use per image?

            Did you use a table tripod in the cafe?

            Isn't the cafe where the "real" decisions get made? ;-)

            Regards,
            Ed
          • panokaemena@mac.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 3, 2008
              Roberto , is the sample file still there?? I get only an error message

              Willy
              On Mar 4, 2008, at 6:45, Roberto Gomez Torres wrote:

              > >> It would be great to see a single original file
              >
              > Sure, no problem.
              > At my web site I have uploaded a NEF file for you to play with (10.7
              > MB) :
              >
              > http://www.tiempo-digital.com/galeria/sigma_4_5_mm_sample.nef
              >
              > Hope that helps.
              > ======================
              > Roberto Gómez Torres
              > Tiempo Digital
              > Mexico City, Mexico
              > www.tiempo-digital.com
              > ======================

              Willy Kaemena

              http://bremen.360cities.net/
              http://syria.360cities.net/
              http://lisbon.360cities.net/

            • Roberto Gomez Torres
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 4, 2008
                Hi Willy,

                Maybe a ZIP file should be better.
                Please try the following link instead:

                http://www.tiempo-digital.com/galeria/sigma_4_5_mm_sample.zip

                Hope that works.
                Roberto Gómez Torres
                Tiempo Digital
                Mexico City, Mexico
                www.tiempo-digital.com

                Re: New samples made with the Sigma 4.5mm + Nikon D300.
                Posted by: "panokaemena@..." panokaemena@... panokaemena
                Tue Mar 4, 2008 12:00 am (PST)