Re: Manfrotto 3416 Leveling Base

  • Thomas Krueger
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 2 10:06 PM
      After 20 years on Manfrotto 055 I switched to Gitzo GT2540LVL with
      integrated leveler.

      Here are a couple of pictures, look at the leveler on picture 3:
      http://www.stativfreak.de/GALERIES/3BEIN/GITZO/G2540LVL/index.htm
    • Luca Vascon
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 3 12:38 AM
        Yes, I think I can teach you even from remote, and I can teach to
        everybody. I need to set up a kind of training video, so let me a bit of
        time...
        I'm one of those idiot that if you reverse a screw, they stay for half
        an hour to understand how it turns now.
        I was about to kill an SWC that was not even mine, that way!!!

        listmail@... ha scritto:

        > On Mar 2, 2008, at 6:46 AM, PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        >
        > > Re: Manfrotto 3416 Leveling Base
        > > Posted by: "Luca Vascon" crimsonkingit@...
        > <mailto:crimsonkingit%40yahoo.it> crimsonkingit
        > > Date: Sun Mar 2, 2008 1:22 am ((PST))
        > >
        > > Levelling legs is a technique that requires training and practice, and
        > > maybe someone who teaches the trick. Like framing and levelling
        > > with the
        > > Rollei or Hasselblad without the prism, you have to think and act
        > > at the
        > > mirror.
        >
        > Care to teach me the trick?
        >
        > > I've more problems with coaxial locks like Feisol and Gitzo....
        >
        > No kidding, Luca. I've been struggling with the giant locks on the
        > Gitzo 1500 that came with the SpheroCam HDR (sigh... no t1 points
        > with a scan), so now I am just about to get one of those Acratech
        > levelers to put under the platform because I hate leveling with the
        > legs.
        >
        > > but I was out of money when Feisol were cheap and now I repent!!!
        > > that is a
        > > really good tripod, and a really good ballhead.
        >
        > I can attest to the old tripods being very well built, even after
        > many years of abuse and hard travel! The newer models are probably a
        > bit better, but at a significantly higher price. No more "better than
        > Manfrotto for the price of a Benro." Is it too early to pine for "the
        > good old days" of Feisol?

        > If a Fuji and a 360P are too much for it, the Spheron would be about
        > the same. Too bad, really... Linhof's are excellent mechanical art
        > pieces.
        >
        > -Mark

      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 3 12:43 AM
          VERY COOL even veruy cool website.
          http://www.stativfreak.de/GALERIES/3BEIN/BERLEBACH/REPORT9033/index.htm
          However, mine is more SNOB!
          :-DDDDDDDD

          Thomas Krueger ha scritto:

          > After 20 years on Manfrotto 055 I switched to Gitzo GT2540LVL with
          > integrated leveler.
          >
          > Here are a couple of pictures, look at the leveler on picture 3:
          > http://www.stativfreak.de/GALERIES/3BEIN/GITZO/G2540LVL/index.htm
          > <http://www.stativfreak.de/GALERIES/3BEIN/GITZO/G2540LVL/index.htm>

        • panovrx
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 3 1:35 AM
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Krueger" <krueger@...>
            wrote:

            > After 20 years on Manfrotto 055 I switched to Gitzo GT2540LVL with
            > integrated leveler.
            >
            > Here are a couple of pictures, look at the leveler on picture 3:
            > http://www.stativfreak.de/GALERIES/3BEIN/GITZO/G2540LVL/index.htm

            Yes this is a very strong design concept. I have a giant old
            Bilora/Durst tripod that works like this except there is actually a
            geared elevating column that runs through the centre of the ball collar
            leveling head.

            I use it for car interior etc panoramas with a pole/counterweight
            arrangement mounted on top of it. Very useful for precise positioning.
            Here it is
            http://www.mediavr.com/durst.jpg
            (without legs at the moment)
            Peter