Re: Sigma 8mm f/3.5 on Pentax Mount - Availability date?

  • Vincent Ogloblinsky
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 2, 2008
      Hi Roger,

      I go back to you to konw if had some time to get the information about
      the availabiliy of the 8mm sigma f/4.0 pentax mount in Tokyo.
      The importator i found on the web, in priceminister.com, confirm me
      yesterday that he can import this lens without problem.

      Thanks by avance

      Best regards

      Vincent

      > On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:57:48 +0900, Vincent Ogloblinsky
      > <globule22@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi roger,
      > >
      > > If you read this message, can you tell me if the f/4.0 version of the
      > > 8mm Sigma is available in Japan on Pentax mount. I have found a french
      > > importer who can import one from Japan, but i want to be sure before
      > > taking an order.
      >
      > Vincent,
      >
      > This is the older F/4.0 version, not the more recent F/3.5 version,
      > right? Why would you want to get that, I wonder? The new one is quite
      > significantly better. Perhaps because there WAS a Pentax version of
      > the older fisheye? I used a Peleng 8mm with an M42 to Pentax adaptor
      > on my Pentax DSLR (which unfortunately underwent a complete failure
      > a week or so after I bought it secondhand, and the shop took it back,
      > so I don't have one now). The Peleng worked very well with it.
      >
      > I will not be going anywhere near the big camera discount stores for
      > the next few days, but when I do I will ask. I fear that manufacture
      > of the F/4.0 version has been discontinued, so your importer would have
      > look for someone's unsold old stock. That is hard to do from outside
      > Japan. I should be able to get back to you by the middle of next week,
      > when work will take me into central Tokyo.
      >
      > I will certainly check it all out (and verify whether my assumptions,
      > above, are correct).
      >
      > Roger W.
      >
      > --
      > Work: www.adex-japan.com
      > Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger

    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 2, 2008
        Go for it, Vincent. He muse be getting old stock (not second hand but
        in stock since the stopped making it).

        Roger

        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 3, 2008
          Thanks Roger for this confirmation,