Re: QTVR authoring options for osx

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Marlon Moyer <marlon.moyer@...> wrote:

      > I've almost completed my transition to my mac for stitching
      > panoramas. The last step where I've hit a speed bump is the QTVR
      > authoring. Right now I'm having to use my PanoCube Plus program in
      > side Windows inside VMWare Fusion. I'd really like to be able to do
      > this in osx. Are there any free options that will do autorotating?
      > I've played around with MakeCubic, but I don't think it has any way of
      > including the autorotate sprite.

      Marion

      You have 4 options,

      1, CubicConnector

      2. Pano2VR for Mac

      3. QuicktimePro + a free autorotation sprite from Steven Gulie

      4. A free Applescript made originally by Landis Bennet.
      This script can add annotation, High Quality settings, previews, logos and autorotation
      sprites in one go and it can batch all movies in a folder, you just drop it on the script.

      The script is on my page here,
      http://panoramas.dk/quicktime/qtvr/16bit/index.html

      Remember to download the autorotation script also, link on page.
      I do not have Leopard and can not guarantie that it works on it.

      BTW the 16 bit problem which it was originally made for is today much smaller, I updated
      the stats on and we have only 5% left who uses 16bit.

      Hans
      www.panoramas.dk
    • Marlon Moyer
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
        Thanks for the links. I wanted to let everyone know that there's
        another option also. Unbeknownst to me, there is a version of
        Panocube Plus for mac. There's also a version for linux and a version
        for FreeBSD. These are in addition to the windows version.

        I had previously purchased Panocube Plus in 2002. At that time, there
        was only a windows version, so I didn't think to check there before I
        asked my question. The author of that program, Andrew Jakowleff,
        contacted me directly to not only let me know that a mac version
        existed, but also gave me the mac version since I had purchased the
        windows version long before. That's some kind of customer service!

        Panocube Plus supports a variety of sprites (serveral are distributed
        with it) including autorotate. It's got plenty of options to allow
        you to customize the resulting QTVR, it's scriptable, it's completely
        self contained (no installation necessary), and it's FAST on the
        mac. Oh, I forgot to mention that it's really reasonably priced too!

        I know this sounds like a commercial for Panocube, but I was really
        impressed with Andrew and thought that everyone should be aware of his
        stellar customer service.

        http://www.panoshow.com/panocubeplus.htm