Re: [PanoToolsNG] QTVR authoring options for osx

  • Robert C. Fisher
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
      Cubic Converter to make cubics from equirectangular images

      http://www.clickheredesign.com.au/cubicconverter/

      and Cubic Connector to make hotspots and link to other urls.

      I have been using them for years and they are the best!

      On Mar 1, 2008, at 8:05 PM, Marlon Moyer wrote:

      > I've almost completed my transition to my mac for stitching
      > panoramas. The last step where I've hit a speed bump is the QTVR
      > authoring. Right now I'm having to use my PanoCube Plus program in
      > side Windows inside VMWare Fusion. I'd really like to be able to do
      > this in osx. Are there any free options that will do autorotating?
      > I've played around with MakeCubic, but I don't think it has any way of
      > including the autorotate sprite.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Marlon

      Cheers
      Robert C. Fisher
      VR Photography/Cinematography
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2008
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Marlon Moyer <marlon.moyer@...> wrote:

        > I've almost completed my transition to my mac for stitching
        > panoramas. The last step where I've hit a speed bump is the QTVR
        > authoring. Right now I'm having to use my PanoCube Plus program in
        > side Windows inside VMWare Fusion. I'd really like to be able to do
        > this in osx. Are there any free options that will do autorotating?
        > I've played around with MakeCubic, but I don't think it has any way of
        > including the autorotate sprite.

        Marion

        You have 4 options,

        1, CubicConnector

        2. Pano2VR for Mac

        3. QuicktimePro + a free autorotation sprite from Steven Gulie

        4. A free Applescript made originally by Landis Bennet.
        This script can add annotation, High Quality settings, previews, logos and autorotation
        sprites in one go and it can batch all movies in a folder, you just drop it on the script.

        The script is on my page here,
        http://panoramas.dk/quicktime/qtvr/16bit/index.html

        Remember to download the autorotation script also, link on page.
        I do not have Leopard and can not guarantie that it works on it.

        BTW the 16 bit problem which it was originally made for is today much smaller, I updated
        the stats on and we have only 5% left who uses 16bit.

        Hans
        www.panoramas.dk
      • Marlon Moyer
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
          Thanks for the links. I wanted to let everyone know that there's
          another option also. Unbeknownst to me, there is a version of
          Panocube Plus for mac. There's also a version for linux and a version
          for FreeBSD. These are in addition to the windows version.

          I had previously purchased Panocube Plus in 2002. At that time, there
          was only a windows version, so I didn't think to check there before I
          asked my question. The author of that program, Andrew Jakowleff,
          contacted me directly to not only let me know that a mac version
          existed, but also gave me the mac version since I had purchased the
          windows version long before. That's some kind of customer service!

          Panocube Plus supports a variety of sprites (serveral are distributed
          with it) including autorotate. It's got plenty of options to allow
          you to customize the resulting QTVR, it's scriptable, it's completely
          self contained (no installation necessary), and it's FAST on the
          mac. Oh, I forgot to mention that it's really reasonably priced too!

          I know this sounds like a commercial for Panocube, but I was really
          impressed with Andrew and thought that everyone should be aware of his
          stellar customer service.

          http://www.panoshow.com/panocubeplus.htm