Re: [PanoToolsNG] [OT] - Linux advice for a soon to be noob

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 29, 2008
      On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 7:36 PM, Kathy Wheeler <kathyw@...>
      wrote:

      > Likewise.
      >
      > > http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/
      > > <http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/> and it is MUCH cheaper
      > > than Fusion.

      I use it It's so nice :-)

      > > But do you know what I want? What I really, really want? Leopard to
      > > work on my laptop. Officially, anyway.

      It works !!!
      Willy Kaemena was here in Rio and he saw mine runnign nice and smooth

      That's the main thing that irked me with multiple boot situations -
      > reboot time and not being able to cut-and-paste from one os to the
      > other. I know, I want too much ... just to be able to run everything
      > on the same machine at the same time ... develop under my preferred
      > os and check as I go on all the others ...

      PARALLELS do that exactly the way you want Kathy.
      You can drag something from MAC OS to windows OS and vice-versa

      > I'm happy to pay the extra for the Apple pro line. The build
      > quality and reliability is just so much better, and you don't have
      > one component manufacturer blaming the other when things don't work,

      My powerbooks ( I have 4) works perfectly for years
      And now I'm gonna buy the new macBook PRO

      > which is often what happened with diy desktop PC builds in the past,
      > even expensive ones.

      always :-)

      > Cheers,
      > KathyW.