use of VP with full frame FE lens

  • bruce_hemming
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2008
      I've just tried using the VP feature with a pano shot on my 5D with a 15mm FE. I managed to
      link the offset nadir with 3 of the "around" images with what I thought were accurately placed
      cp's couldn't get any kind of decent result.

      Does this feature only work with circular FE images?

      TIA

      Bruce
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 29, 2008
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "bruce_hemming" <bruce@...> wrote:

        > I've just tried using the VP feature with a pano shot on my 5D with a 15mm FE. I managed
        > link the offset nadir with 3 of the "around" images with what I thought were accurately
        placed
        > cp's couldn't get any kind of decent result.
        >
        > Does this feature only work with circular FE images?

        Did you make an alphamask to mask out the areas which are not flat. Including the
        panohead,

        Hans
      • Bruce Hemming
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 29, 2008
          Hans Nyberg said
          "Did you make an alphamask to mask out the areas which are not flat.
          Including the panohead,"

          No but I only set cp's on the flat plane - and I did try altering the
          blend weight.

          The actual pano produced is here <http://www.bhphoto.biz/TEST/
          hollandhouse.html>

          Bruce Hemming
          Bruce Hemming Photography
          Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277
          Mobile: +44 (0)7974 918414
          e-Mail: bruce@...

          This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally
          privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please advise
          bruce@... Dissemination, distribution, copying or other use
          is strictly prohibited. The reliability of this method of
          communication cannot be guaranteed. It can be intercepted, corrupted,
          delayed, may arrive incomplete, contain viruses or be affected by
          other interference. Bruce Hemming Photography has taken all
          reasonable steps to reduce risks against viruses but cannot accept
          liability for any damage sustained as a result of this transmission.