PTGUI - How to create final pano image from psd file?

  • hyung_vr
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2006
      Hello,

      I have created a panorama using PTGUI and saved it as a .psd

      format in order to remove seams shown on the panorama. But after

      removing the seams, how do I create the final blended panorama??

      If I just save it as an JPEG image on Photoshop, the unblended

      output looks terrible... Do I have restitch the layer images or

      is there a blend plug-in for photoshop? I tried searching for posts

      related to this topic but couln't find one :(

      Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

      Thank you in advance~!

      Hyung
    • John Houghton
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2006
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "hyung_vr" <kimsangwook77@...>
        wrote:

        > I have created a panorama using PTGUI and saved it as a .psd
        > format in order to remove seams shown on the panorama. But after
        > removing the seams, how do I create the final blended panorama??

        If you have "removed the seams" you have performed a blending
        operation of sorts. What you see is what you will get when you
        flatten and save the image. Maybe you need a combination of an
        automatically blended version and your edited one. PTGui provides an
        option for outputting a blended version plus the images in individual
        layers. Sections of the layers can be revealed by painting on the
        layer masks in order to correct any stitching errors. In your
        present case, you could do something similar by generating a blended
        version and layering this with your edited version to merge the two.

        It is also possible to output the individual layers of your edited
        PSD file as individual files for input to enblend or smartblend.
        However, this will probably not do quite what you want since new
        seams will be generally placed half way across the overlap areas
        rather than at the edges of the image masks.

        John
      • Joost Nieuwenhuijse
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2006
          Hi Hyung,

          This might be helpful:
          http://www.ptgui.com/examples/postprocessing/

          Joost

          hyung_vr wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > I have created a panorama using PTGUI and saved it as a .psd
          >
          > format in order to remove seams shown on the panorama. But after
          >
          > removing the seams, how do I create the final blended panorama??
          >
          > If I just save it as an JPEG image on Photoshop, the unblended
          >
          > output looks terrible... Do I have restitch the layer images or
          >
          > is there a blend plug-in for photoshop? I tried searching for posts
          >
          > related to this topic but couln't find one :(
          >
          > Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
          >
          > Thank you in advance~!
          >
          > Hyung

        • hyung_vr
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
            Thank you John, Joost,

            I just found out that when creating panorama using PTGUI, "Blended
            and layers" option

            gives blended layers (as well as the blended panorama)
            whereas "Individual Layers" gives

            non-blended layers. I have tried only "individual layers" so far...

            Now it's solved~ Thanks again :)

            Hyung

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Joost Nieuwenhuijse <imim@...>