turning a panorama upside down

  • huckrorick
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26 11:31 PM
      I have a panorama generated with PTGui that looks pretty good except
      that the sky is at the bottom and the ground is at the top. Is there a
      way to rotate it or flip it the other side down?

      Also, is there a way to rotate individual images, for example when I am
      looking at them in the Control Points tab?

      Thanks,

      Huck
    • John Houghton
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 26 11:53 PM
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "huckrorick" <huckrorick@...> wrote:

        > I have a panorama generated with PTGui that looks pretty good except
        > that the sky is at the bottom and the ground is at the top. Is there
        > a way to rotate it or flip it the other side down?

        You can use the rotate buttons on the right of the Project Assistant
        tab, or you can use the Numerical Transform feature ("123" buton) to
        apply roll of 180 degrees. Of course, you can rotate a stitched
        equirectangular image by 180 degrees in any image editor, e.g.
        Photoshop.

        > Also, is there a way to rotate individual images, for example when I
        > am looking at them in the Control Points tab?

        Use the Rotate controls beneath the left image in the Control Points
        tab. This rotation does not affect the output image in any way.

        John
      • ptgroup
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 27 12:00 AM
          Wasn´t this an issue of Smartblend a time ago ??
          Ciao Mike
          http://www.360de.de

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          09:21

        • John Houghton
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 27 1:33 AM

            > Wasn´t this an issue of Smartblend a time ago ??

            Mike, That was a long time ago in 2005. Tiff images were flipped
            vertically rather than rotated. More recently, PTGui sometimes aligned
            the panorama upside down. This was fixed in V7.3. A newbie would
            probably be using the latest version - V7.6.

            John
          • ptgroup
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 27 4:04 AM
              Ups John: I still use the old Version of PTGUI ! (V6.0)
              But had these effect some time ago - don´t know why, think it was
              the blender- but it´s gone.
              Ciao
              Mike
              http://www.360de.de