Res: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Sigma 10mm or Nikon 10.5mm for D300?

  • Augusto Miranda Martins
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24 10:15 AM
      Great panos Jean-Marc!

      This is my first post here, I've been only reading the emails for some time and and they've given me a lot of great ideas.
      This is a great group!!

      I also have this same question, how the Sigma 10mm/2.8 compares to the Nikon 10.5mm/2.8?
      I've read one user review on Amazon.com saying good things about this Sigma 10mm.
      One good thing it has is the HSM focus, and is a bit wider than the Nikon 10.5mm.
      But in terms of sharpness, how good is it?

      Does someone here have any example pano made with it?

      Cheers!

      Augusto Miranda Martins
      www.onzeonze.com.br

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 24 5:07 PM
        One difference you might like to note that hasn't received
        much publicity is the smaller image circle of the Sigma.
        This just fits inside the Canon 1.6x sensors, but fails to
        use the maximum area of the Nikon 1.5x sensors. So there is
        a slight penalty in terms of the pixels in the final image
        when used with Nikons, other things being equal.

        The Japanese magazines have failed, month after month, to
        run proper tests of the Sigma. I'd be grateful for links to
        any third-party tests on the Internet.

        Roger

        --
        Work: www.adex-japan.com