Hide images in PTGui Preview (= in the "Panorama Editor")?

  • Philipp B. Koch
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 23, 2008
      Hello everybody,

      I have a simple question -- can't believe I do not find a solution.. :-)

      I've recently purchased PTGui Pro, before I was using Hugin. In Hugin,
      it's easy to "turn off" (e.g. to hide) specific images of your pano in
      the preview window. I guess this must be possible in PTGui Pro as well
      -- but how?! I found this thread:
      http://lists.panotools.info/pipermail/panotools/2005-January/027674.html,
      where this feature is being annouced for version 4. Has it been disabled
      until 7.5, or where is it hidden? :-) Maybe someone can point me to that
      (likely obvious) button or what ever is needed to do so?

      Thanks in advance,
      Philipp Koch
    • Philipp B. Koch
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 23, 2008
        Philipp B. Koch schrieb:
        > Hello everybody,
        >
        > I have a simple question -- can't believe I do not find a solution.. :-)
        >
        > I've recently purchased PTGui Pro, before I was using Hugin. In Hugin,
        > it's easy to "turn off" (e.g. to hide) specific images of your pano in
        > the preview window. I guess this must be possible in PTGui Pro as well
        > -- but how?! I found this thread:
        > http://lists.panotools.info/pipermail/panotools/2005-January/027674.html,
        > where this feature is being annouced for version 4. Has it been disabled
        > until 7.5, or where is it hidden? :-) Maybe someone can point me to that
        > (likely obvious) button or what ever is needed to do so?
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Philipp Koch
        DOH, just found the solution one second after sending my above mail:
        Images can be turned on/off in the "Create Panorama" tab;
        settings here directly affect the preview window (called "panorama editor").

        Regards, Ph.
      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 23, 2008
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Philipp B. Koch" <pk@...> wrote:

          > Hello everybody,
          >
          > I have a simple question -- can't believe I do not find a solution.. :-)
          >
          > I've recently purchased PTGui Pro, before I was using Hugin. In Hugin,
          > it's easy to "turn off" (e.g. to hide) specific images of your pano in
          > the preview window. I guess this must be possible in PTGui Pro as well
          > -- but how?! I found this thread:
          > http://lists.panotools.info/pipermail/panotools/2005-January/027674.html,
          > where this feature is being annouced for version 4. Has it been disabled
          > until 7.5, or where is it hidden? :-) Maybe someone can point me to that
          > (likely obvious) button or what ever is needed to do so?

          Just disable the image in the Create PanoramaTab.
          But I agree a shortcut to do it directly from the ditor would be nice.

          Hans
        • marlanit
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 23, 2008

            > Just disable the image in the Create PanoramaTab.
            > But I agree a shortcut to do it directly from the ditor would be nice.
            >
            > Hans

            Hi all,

            sugestion for future versions of Ptgui:

            - Panorama Editor as aTab, instead of the present separate window, with more
            options...and less memory usage... :-)

            What do you all think?

            Regards
            Marco Lanciani.
          • AYRTON
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 23, 2008
              On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:21 PM, marlanit <marlan@...> wrote:

              > Hi all, sugestion for future versions of Ptgui:
              > - Panorama Editor as aTab, instead of the present separate window, with
              > more options...and less memory usage... :-)
              > What do you all think?

              I think Joost will prefer if you post suggestions on the right channel, the
              PTGUI List :-)

              Cheers
              AYRTON

              > Regards
              > Marco Lanciani.

              A Y R T O N
              + 55 21 9982 6313

              http://ayrton360.com
              http://rio.360cities.net
              http://vrfolio.com
              http://ayrton.com

            • Philipp B. Koch
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 23, 2008
                I would like to have the Panorama Editor as a tab instead of a separate
                window: Right now I can see every change immediately, because the
                panorama editor window is on my second monitor. Having it as a tab meant
                to lose that "live-preview"-functionality.

                Regards, Ph.

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 24, 2008
                  On Sunday, February 24, 2008 at 1:42, Philipp B. Koch wrote:

                  > I would like to have the Panorama Editor as a tab instead of a separate
                  > window: Right now I can see every change immediately, because the
                  > panorama editor window is on my second monitor. Having it as a tab meant to
                  > lose that "live-preview"-functionality.

                  If you insert "not": "I would not like to have the Panorama
                  Editor..." then this is exactly my opinion.

                  The only thing I miss, is to switch images on and off in the pano
                  editor itself and not in create panorama tab...

                  best regards

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 24, 2008
                    On Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 22:29, AYRTON wrote:

                    > > Hi all, sugestion for future versions of Ptgui:
                    > > - Panorama Editor as aTab, instead of the present separate window, with more
                    > > options...and less memory usage... :-) What do you all think?
                    >
                    > I think Joost will prefer if you post suggestions on the right channel, the
                    > PTGUI List :-)

                    Then he'd get only the opinion of those reading the PTGui list. I
                    think it is ok to ask this question here as well.

                    best regards
                  • RomualdV
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 24, 2008
                      Le 24 févr. 08 à 14:12, Erik Krause a écrit :

                      > On Sunday, February 24, 2008 at 1:42, Philipp B. Koch wrote:
                      >
                      >> I would like to have the Panorama Editor as a tab instead of a
                      >> separate
                      >> window: Right now I can see every change immediately, because the
                      >> panorama editor window is on my second monitor. Having it as a tab
                      >> meant to
                      >> lose that "live-preview"-functionality.
                      >
                      > If you insert "not": "I would not like to have the Panorama
                      > Editor..." then this is exactly my opinion.
                      >
                      > The only thing I miss, is to switch images on and off in the pano
                      > editor itself and not in create panorama tab...

                      ...and please, make the panorama editor a full-taste window : that
                      can be closed like all other windows, with opt-W on mac.

                      Romuald
                    • Philipp B. Koch
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 24, 2008
                        Erik Krause schrieb:
                        > On Sunday, February 24, 2008 at 1:42, Philipp B. Koch wrote:
                        >
                        >> I would like to have the Panorama Editor as a tab instead of a separate
                        >> window: Right now I can see every change immediately, because the
                        >> panorama editor window is on my second monitor. Having it as a tab meant to
                        >> lose that "live-preview"-functionality.
                        >>

                        > If you insert "not": "I would not like to have the Panorama
                        > Editor..." then this is exactly my opinion.

                        Erik, you're right: Of course I mean: I would *not* like the panorama
                        editor as a tab, but (like it is now) as a separate window.
                        > The only thing I miss, is to switch images on and off in the pano
                        > editor itself and not in create panorama tab...

                        I agree, this would make things more comfortable (and also more intuitive).

                        Regards,
                        Philipp Koch