Swap image in ptviewer

  • Matt Smith
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 30, 2006
      A quick question. Has anyone used the ptviewer.jar file to display
      multiple panos from the same location in time?

      I have two different days from the same location. I just want to swap
      them out every 5 seconds or so?

      Matt Smith
      PhotoSpherix
      317.396.5791
      starting a Revolution in Photography
      Indianapolis, Indiana USA
      http://www.photospherix.com

    • Nelson Mendes
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 30, 2006
        Matt,

        If I understand it right, you could do it using PHP our ASP or a
        similar server side language. You would just need to swap the file
        name of the .jpg loaded based on a specific time period or in a random way.

        I don't think PTViewer has this behavior built in the applet itself.

        Nelson Mendes

        At 15:57 30-08-2006, you wrote:

        >A quick question. Has anyone used the ptviewer.jar file to display
        >multiple panos from the same location in time?
        >
        >I have two different days from the same location. I just want to swap
        >them out every 5 seconds or so?
        >
        >Matt Smith
        >PhotoSpherix
        >317.396.5791
        >starting a Revolution in Photography
        >Indianapolis, Indiana USA
        ><http://www.photospherix.com>http://www.photospherix.com

      • Matt Smith
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 30, 2006
          Nelson,

          If my mind serves me correctly, their is some way to get ptviewer to
          load multiple images and then hotspot swap from one to the other. I
          can not find the parameter settings to get this done though. In the
          past we ran a flash viewer to show the animations, but the client
          wants full image correction and a before and after type of iamge. I
          just can not find the doc on how to get it done. All of this would be
          completed in the jar file settings, not the html page information. I
          could load the page with .net and modify the page based on the
          location in the image, but their has to be a better way.

          At 15:57 30-08-2006, you wrote:

          >A quick question. Has anyone used the ptviewer.jar file to display
          >multiple panos from the same location in time?
          >
          >I have two different days from the same location. I just want to swap
          >them out every 5 seconds or so?
          >
          >Matt Smith
          >PhotoSpherix
          >317.396.5791
          >starting a Revolution in Photography
          >Indianapolis, Indiana USA
          ><http://www.photospherix.com>http://www.photospherix.com

        • Serge Maandag (yahoo)
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 30, 2006
            > A quick question. Has anyone used the ptviewer.jar file to display
            > multiple panos from the same location in time?
            >
            > I have two different days from the same location. I just want to swap
            > them out every 5 seconds or so?

            You might also want to try SPi-V with the splitscreen view:
            http://www.fieldofview.com/spv/show.php?dcr=split.dcr&file=euromast.xml

            Serge.
          • Thomas Rist
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 30, 2006
              Hello Matt,
              > If I understand it right, you could do it using PHP our ASP or a
              > similar server side language. You would just need to swap the file
              > name of the .jpg loaded based on a specific time period or in a random way.
              >
              > I don't think PTViewer has this behavior built in the applet itself.
              >
              > Nelson Mendes
              No, in my opinion, this is possible with JavaScript on the client side.
              No server side scripting is necessary. (Otherwise you will have to
              reload the HTML side every 5 seconds or so.)

              An other possibility is to script PTViewer direct:
              > Load first panorama > Turn 360° > Load 2nd panorama > Turn 360° and
              so on.
              The drawback of this simple solution: If the user clicks in the
              panorama, the animation stops.

              I also remember an example (long time ago), where a panorama was
              overlayed by a sepia version using ROI.
              The panorama showed a harbor with an old sailing ship. Unfortunately, I
              have no link.

              Have a look at the PViewer article
              <http://wiki.panotools.org/PTViewer> on the wiki.
              As I remember, there are links to different resources about PTViewer.

              T. Rist
            • Guillaume Fulchiron
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 30, 2006
                From: "Matt Smith" <masmith@...>

                > If my mind serves me correctly, their is some way to get ptviewer to
                > load multiple images and then hotspot swap from one to the other. I
                > can not find the parameter settings to get this done though.

                Hi Matt,

                As Thomas said it earlier, Java Script might do the trick.
                Have a look at here :
                http://www.animatif.com/dersch/zoom/multiple.html

                Some other panotools documentation can be found here :
                http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~dersch/

                Regards,

                Guillaume
              • Flemming V. Larsen
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 30, 2006
                  From: Thomas Rist

                  I also remember an example (long time ago), where a panorama was
                  overlayed by a sepia version using ROI.
                  The panorama showed a harbor with an old sailing ship. Unfortunately, I
                  have no link.

                  It was done by me
                  http://www.fvlmedia.dk/temp/nyptv/overlay.htm

                  - Flemming
                • Michael
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 31, 2006
                    Great! Have not been aware of this feature yet!

                    Michael
                    www.premiumpano.de

                    > You might also want to try SPi-V with the splitscreen view:
                    > http://www.fieldofview.com/spv/show.php?
                    dcr=split.dcr&file=euromast.xml

                    > Serge.

                  • djfreddystapersma
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 31, 2006
                      Maybe not entirely what you are looking for but look at this...
                      http://www.virtueletour.nl/malo43/pano.html

                      If I am right it loads multiple images so it looks like an animation.

                      anyone else tried this already??

                      regards..
                      freddy.

                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Matt Smith <masmith@...> wrote:

                      > Nelson,
                      >
                      > If my mind serves me correctly, their is some way to get ptviewer
                      > load multiple images and then hotspot swap from one to the other.
                      > can not find the parameter settings to get this done though. In
                      the
                      > past we ran a flash viewer to show the animations, but the client
                      > wants full image correction and a before and after type of iamge.
                      > just can not find the doc on how to get it done. All of this would
                      be
                      > completed in the jar file settings, not the html page information.
                      > could load the page with .net and modify the page based on the
                      > location in the image, but their has to be a better way.
                      >

                      > On Aug 30, 2006, at 11:11 AM, Nelson Mendes wrote:
                      >
                      > Matt,
                      >
                      > If I understand it right, you could do it using PHP our ASP or a
                      > similar server side language. You would just need to swap the file
                      > name of the .jpg loaded based on a specific time period or in a
                      > random way.
                      >
                      > I don't think PTViewer has this behavior built in the applet itself.
                      >
                      > Nelson Mendes
                      >
                      > At 15:57 30-08-2006, you wrote:
                      >
                      > >A quick question. Has anyone used the ptviewer.jar file to display
                      > >multiple panos from the same location in time?
                      > >
                      > >I have two different days from the same location. I just want to
                      swap
                      > >them out every 5 seconds or so?
                      > >
                      > >Matt Smith
                      > >PhotoSpherix
                      > >317.396.5791
                      > >starting a Revolution in Photography
                      > >Indianapolis, Indiana USA
                      > ><http://www.photospherix.com>http://www.photospherix.com

                    • Michael Hansky
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 31, 2006
                        Very good idea Fleming,

                        i believe that you also dreaming of a transition- (blend-) Function in
                        ptviewer too (like immervision).

                        Maybe we should beg Fulvio for programming this...

                        Michael

                        Flemming V. Larsen schrieb:
> [...]
                      • Tom! Striewisch
                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 31, 2006
                          Two years ago made a file with 4 Panos done at different times at the
                          same location.
                          http://www.essen-360grad.de/_unperfekthaus/wohnraum_all.htm
                          The right one ist the master
                          It is more a less like the example Guillaume mentioned.

                          But with 4 instances of the PTViewer Applet, it is not very reliable.
                          One has to hit the reload button several times, to get all views
                          shown.

                          Tom!
                          Kugelpanorama-Schulungen: http://www.kugelbild.de

                          Sie schrieben:

                          >A quick question. Has anyone used the ptviewer.jar file to display
                          >multiple panos from the same location in time?
                          >
                          >I have two different days from the same location. I just want to swap
                          >them out every 5 seconds or so?
                          >

                          >Matt Smith
                          >PhotoSpherix
                          >317.396.5791
                          >starting a Revolution in Photography
                          >Indianapolis, Indiana USA
                          >http://www.photospherix.com

                        • Aldo Hoeben
                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 31, 2006
                            > Great! Have not been aware of this feature yet!
                            >
                            >> You might also want to try SPi-V with the splitscreen view:
                            >> http://www.fieldofview.com/spv/show.php?
                            > dcr=split.dcr&file=euromast.xml

                            It's available here:
                            http://fieldofview.com/spv-dev/downloads/splitscreen

                            Alternatively, look in to this alteration demo:
                            http://fieldofview.com/spv-dev/downloads/day-night

                            'do
                          • Matt Smith
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 31, 2006
                              Flemming,

                              Them's the chips. Not right on the money, but it is close enough for
                              government work.

                              http://www.photospherix.com/javaspintl.htm

                              Now I will write a little script to make java click the button for me.

                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 31, 2006
                                ... amazing! I kept on clicking on the little button circle for
                                minutes! Gives you power over day and night, hehe :-)

                                Seriously speaking, this feature is really useful. Thanks a lot for
                                sharing.

                                Michael
                                www.premiumpano.de

                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Aldo Hoeben <aldo@...> wrote:

                                > > Great! Have not been aware of this feature yet!
                                > >
                                > >> You might also want to try SPi-V with the splitscreen view:
                                > >> http://www.fieldofview.com/spv/show.php?
                                > > dcr=split.dcr&file=euromast.xml
                                >
                                > It's available here:
                                > http://fieldofview.com/spv-dev/downloads/splitscreen
                                >
                                > Alternatively, look in to this alteration demo:
                                > http://fieldofview.com/spv-dev/downloads/day-night
                                >
                                > 'do

                              • Nelson Mendes
                                Message 15 of 15 , Aug 31, 2006
                                  Hmmm, I don't recall any parameter in PTViewer that allows you to
                                  jump from one image (in a hotspot) to another....
                                  But I've not used PTViewer to it's fully extent...

                                  NM