12' Traveling pano pole.. 20 oz with lens mount....

  • mntlionhunter
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 22, 2008
      I just wanted to share.. Here is a thread on the subject..

      http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=822668

      Enjoy,
    • Victor
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 22, 2008
        Very nice!! I'm fascinated by your lens bracket. Is it custom made?
        If not, where did you get it? And if not, can you provide more
        details. I've been interested in trying out pole shots as well and
        the mount is a critical component. I like the way yours is pitched
        down to capture the nadir. Is one zenith shot sufficient to cover the
        resulting hole?

        Thanks for sharing.

        Victor Z
      • Martin Hrdlicka
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 22, 2008
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "mntlionhunter"
          <mntlionhunter@...> wrote:

          > I just wanted to share.. Here is a thread on the subject..
          >
          > http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=822668
          >
          > Enjoy,

          Hi, very nice alternative to heli shooting :-))

          I believe the bracket is your own product.
          Nice contrast in your pano.Goats are yours??

          Marty ( still without the Heli - but a count my spare$ for MJ2 :-))
        • mntlionhunter
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 22, 2008
            The lens mount is made from a plumbing part I found at the hardware
            store..
          • Martin Hrdlicka
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 22, 2008
              <mntlionhunter@...> wrote:

              > The lens mount is made from a plumbing part I found at the hardware
              > store..

              Bravo.I knew it!
              Marty
            • tarheel360vr
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 23, 2008
                Sweet!

                Now tell us how you constructed the lens mount gizmo. I've been
                wrestling with how to achieve the tilt-down angle on a pole mount.

                Thanks in advance.
              • mntlionhunter
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 23, 2008
                  It is a 2"-3" Pvc coupling..

                  You can see photos here..

                  http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1727193
                • AYRTON
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 23, 2008
                    On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 5:07 PM, mntlionhunter <mntlionhunter@...>
                    wrote:

                    > It is a 2"-3" Pvc coupling..
                    >
                    > You can see photos here..
                    >
                    > http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1727193

                    But .... isn't dangerous since you do not "close" the ring around the lens
                    ???
                    I mean, there's a cut on it , right ?
                    Does it fully support all the weight perfectly ???

                    Thanks for sharing

                    AYRTON

                    A Y R T O N
                    + 55 21 9982 6313

                    http://ayrton360.com
                    http://rio.360cities.net
                    http://vrfolio.com
                    http://ayrton.com

                  • mntlionhunter
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 23, 2008
                      -
                      > But .... isn't dangerous since you do not "close" the ring around
                      the lens
                      > ???
                      > I mean, there's a cut on it , right ?
                      > Does it fully support all the weight perfectly ???
                      >
                      > Thanks for sharing
                      >
                      > AYRTON

                      It is a tight fit. I was planning on using a strap or large rubber
                      band but have found it is not needed.. I can't even jerk the camera
                      our of the mount. I might add a little sticky tape if the PVC looses
                      some of its elasticity..
                    • AYRTON
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 23, 2008
                        On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 9:21 PM, mntlionhunter <mntlionhunter@...>
                        wrote:

                        > It is a tight fit. I was planning on using a strap or large rubber
                        > band but have found it is not needed.. I can't even jerk the camera
                        > our of the mount. I might add a little sticky tape if the PVC looses
                        > some of its elasticity..

                        Okay, and did you find the exactly diameter of the Nikkor 10,5 mm ? :-)

                        What about the Sigma 8mm or the Tokina 10-17 ???
                        Maybe ...
                        I'm gonna look for and if I find I'll let you know :-)

                        Thanks

                        AYRTON

                        A Y R T O N
                        + 55 21 9982 6313

                        http://ayrton360.com
                        http://rio.360cities.net
                        http://vrfolio.com
                        http://ayrton.com

                      • AYRTON
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 23, 2008
                          On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 9:30 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

                          > On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 9:21 PM, mntlionhunter <mntlionhunter@...>
                          > wrote:
                          >
                          > > It is a tight fit. I was planning on using a strap or large rubber
                          > > band but have found it is not needed.. I can't even jerk the camera
                          > > our of the mount. I might add a little sticky tape if the PVC looses
                          > > some of its elasticity..
                          >
                          > Hunter, may I call you this way ? Since I can't figure out your name ...
                          you never sign :-)
                          Anyway
                          what exactly are your kids playing with ???
                          What is this pole made of ???
                          Thanks again

                          AYRTON

                          --
                          A Y R T O N
                          + 55 21 9982 6313

                          http://ayrton360.com
                          http://rio.360cities.net
                          http://vrfolio.com
                          http://ayrton.com

                        • mntlionhunter
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 23, 2008
                            Ayrton loving your tropical panos.

                            My name is Cedar sorry..

                            Here is my home page.. Most of my Panos are from an RC helicopter...

                            http://www.steamboataerials.com/

                            Much colder feel about mine..

                            The pole is made of 8 sections of 7/8" carbon tube.. It is an extended
                            tent pole I bought from here.. If you mention my name he will know
                            what your talking about.. Mine was a special order..

                            http://www.titaniumgoat.com/

                            I cost me about $220.00.

                            I added the 1/4-20 bolt to the end..

                            Cedar
                          • AYRTON
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 24, 2008
                              On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:05 PM, mntlionhunter <mntlionhunter@...>
                              wrote:

                              > Ayrton loving your tropical panos.

                              Thanks :-)

                              > My name is Cedar sorry..

                              nice to meet you :-)

                              > Here is my home page.. Most of my Panos are from an RC helicopter...
                              >
                              > http://www.steamboataerials.com/

                              Woowww. My sons love rc helicopters,
                              One is 14 and the other 10 years old

                              They have one, made in Brazil, but it is very diffcult to learn to fly
                              straight, I mean to make a perfect direction controlled :-)
                              They keep crashing on the buildings, and walls around the play area :-)

                              Do you know websites that would teach them to fly better ?

                              Much colder feel about mine..

                              But I really enjoyed seeing your terrific aerail views

                              > The pole is made of 8 sections of 7/8" carbon tube.. It is an extended
                              > tent pole I bought from here.. If you mention my name he will know
                              > what your talking about.. Mine was a special order..

                              Ahhh nice idea !
                              Thanks

                              AYRTON

                              > http://www.titaniumgoat.com/
                              >
                              > I cost me about $220.00.
                              >
                              > I added the 1/4-20 bolt to the end..
                              >
                              > Cedar

                              A Y R T O N
                              + 55 21 9982 6313

                              http://ayrton360.com
                              http://rio.360cities.net
                              http://vrfolio.com
                              http://ayrton.com

                            • mntlionhunter
                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 24, 2008
                                > Woowww. My sons love rc helicopters,
                                > One is 14 and the other 10 years old
                                >
                                > They have one, made in Brazil, but it is very diffcult to learn to fly
                                > straight, I mean to make a perfect direction controlled :-)
                                > They keep crashing on the buildings, and walls around the play area :-)
                                >
                                > Do you know websites that would teach them to fly better ?

                                The best thing they could do is learn on a simulator.. Like this one..

                                http://www.realflight.com/

                                When they get good enough you could have them fly your camera..

                                Cedar