Re: Partial pano for print : Gigapixel or scanned MF?

  • Carl von Einem
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2008
      Hi Nilo!

      It's a 17 kg monster: the Hasselblad (formerly Imacon) 646 film scanner.
      Optical resolution is
      - 6300 dpi for 35mm film in portrait orientation
      - 4000 dpi for 6/4,5 (portrait)
      - 3200 dpi for 6/6...6/17 (and even longer)

      That theoretically results in scans up to about 8500 x 7050 @ 16 bit
      from my 6x7 negatives (67,5 x 56 mm). Still not Gigapixel ;-)
      The scanner is so much faster than the LS-4000 and the sharpness is just
      amazing. I have to admit that both scannners are in a completely
      different price range.

      Carl

      Posted by: "nilo"