Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: motorized multi-row

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 20, 2008
      On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:27:48 +0900, panovrx <mediavr@...> wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...>
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> It's a great idea, and the results speak for themselves. I must say
      >> I feel a bit dubious about allowing an expensive camera and lens to
      >> flop about on the end of a pole. <grin>
      >>
      >> Which technique did you use to eliminate you, holding the pole, in
      >> the nadir position?
      >>
      >> Roger W.
      >

      > Here is the nadir view as it came out of the stitcher (from the 2nd
      > pano)
      > http://www.mediavr.com/nadir.jpg

      That's a very small footprint. I could live with that...

      > the camera on the down row views past the nadir quite a bit so the
      > down stitching can be very correct if the nodality is accurate

      Well I would say you have it spot on.

      > ... the spinner itself on this rig has a very small profile
      > ... I used normal cloning etc methods here
      >
      > re safety ... mmm ... it worries me too ... I did quite a few dry
      > runs on grass

      And not all at the top of the pole, I bet.

      Thanks for the info. If my fingers weren't all thumbs and my
      brain wasn't tool challenged, I would want to make one of those!

      Roger

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com
      Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger