Sigma 10mm or Nikon 10.5mm for D300?

  • Giorgio Marchetto - GIS Solution
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2008
      Hello
      I am upgrading to Nikon D300.

      Now I need to choose among the following lens:
      1)NIKON 10.5mm/2.8 G DX
      2)the new SIGMA 10mm/2.8 EX DC HSM

      Which is the best one for panoramas?
      (The 10.5mm circe should be a bit larger of the 10mm?)

      many thanks for your suggestions

      G.Marchetto
    • Jean-Marc Paratte
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 24, 2008
        > Hello
        > I am upgrading to Nikon D300.
        >
        > Now I need to choose among the following lens:
        > 1)NIKON 10.5mm/2.8 G DX
        > 2)the new SIGMA 10mm/2.8 EX DC HSM
        >
        > Which is the best one for panoramas?
        > (The 10.5mm circe should be a bit larger of the 10mm?)
        >
        > many thanks for your suggestions
        >
        > G.Marchetto

        I'm using D300 + Sigma 8mm F3.5.
        Examples:
        http://www.items.ch/panoramas/panorama.asp?
        panonum=180&viewersize=fullscreen
        http://www.items.ch/panoramas/panorama.asp?
        panonum=181&viewersize=fullscreen

        Maximum computed circumference is 8400 pixels,
        limited to 7200 in my examples.

        jmP