Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: 2 line stitch

  • Eric O'Brien
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 19, 2008
      Remember that in PTGui the first image in the sequence is by default
      set to be the "anchor" image: Yaw, Pitch and Roll all set to ZERO,
      and this image is set to NOT be optimized.

      In particular, if your first shot was not taken with the camera set
      at a Pitch of zero (for example, you exposed the top row or the
      zenith first), then the default Pitch setting is most certainly NOT
      going to be right and yes I *would* expect the result to look wrong.

      Ideally, when you do the original shoot you are close to certain of
      the Pitch and Roll of *at least one* image. In PTGui, you set the
      Pitch and Roll values of that image to match your capture set-up for
      that image. Then turn OFF optimization for that image and if it is
      not the first image, go the the first image and turn ON optimization.

      eo