Re: Back to film

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2008
      My complete childhood is distilled into a couple of photograph albums, with
      the highlights, whether of achievement or embarrassment, captured in no more
      than a dozen talismanic stills, now faded and curling at the edges. Yet our
      own children go on one school trip and return with a hundred images stashed
      on a memory card: will that enhance or dilute their later remembrance of
      themselves? Will our experience be any the richer for being so retrievable,
      or could an individual history risk being wiped, or corrupted, as briskly as
      a memory card?
      http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2007/09/24/070924fa_fact_lane?currentPage=all