Re: PTViewer Problem

  • Robert Bilsland
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 4 12:13 AM
      Ruwan,

      Your right about your bandwidth, as the server requests the file for
      you it should be counted towards your bandwidth usage. Also as Erik
      pointed out using this feature is a bit of a security worry. The way
      that you have set things up, anyone could request a page using it from
      anywhere on the Internet. Would you be happy with it looking like
      illegal files are coming from your site? (and using your bandwidth?)

      It would be better if you hard coded part of the flickr URL into the
      rewrite rule itself. This would limit it's use to flickr only and not
      anywhere on the Internet. But then there is the question about why
      your doing it at all? If the only panoramas your showing are your own
      it would be more efficient to just host the files on the server itself
      instead of flickr.

      Unfortunately the PTViewer applet is limited by the Java security
      model and won't allow you to access files from anywhere you want.

      Hope this helps,

      Bob Bilsland.
      http://www.panoramasunlimited.com

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Ruwan Janapriya" <janapriya@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Robert,
      >
      > Thanks a lot it has worked.
      >
      > Does this mean, it uses my bandwidth quota allocated from the host?
      I hosted