search wiki.panotools.org (was: Sony announce 25Mp 35mm sensor)

  • Carl von Einem
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
      Posted by: "Keith Martin" keith@... the1keith

      > Thanks for the further info and the DoF link! I was thinking in terms
      > of individual shots, but that's interesting data on that wiki. Stuff
      > for me to ponder. :-)

      If you use Firefox you can add the panotools.org wiki to your list of
      search engines, i.e. browse to <http://wiki.panotools.org/> and then
      have a closer look at the search bar that as a default uses Google.
      Click the little trangle in the search bar and at the bottom of the drop
      down list you will find an entry
      Add "PanoTools.org Wiki (English)"

      The same works for the mailing list archives. That search engine is
      available from <http://www.panotools.org/mailarchive>.

      Both are often enough very useful for me.

      Carl
    • Serge Maandag
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2008
        > If you use Firefox you can add the panotools.org wiki to your list of
        > search engines, i.e. browse to <http://wiki.panotools.org/> and then
        > have a closer look at the search bar that as a default uses Google.
        > Click the little trangle in the search bar and at the bottom of the drop
        > down list you will find an entry
        > Add "PanoTools.org Wiki (English)"

        For those of us that disabled the search bar (and use the google bar like
        me), there is another way.

        Right click the search input field on <http://wiki.panotools.org/> and choose
        "add keyword for this search". In the popup window, type something like "pw"
        (without quotes) in the keyword field. Now you can search from your address
        bar by typing something like "pw dof" (again without the quotes).

        Serge.
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2008
          On Saturday, February 02, 2008 at 8:01, Carl von Einem wrote:

          > If you use Firefox you can add the panotools.org wiki to your list of
          > search engines

          There is even a one click solution to search for selected text (I
          learned from tinyurl): Create a new bookmark (favorite), name it to
          your liking and put the following line in the "Location" ("URL,
          "Address") property (without line break of course):
          javascript:void(location.href='http://wiki.panotools.org/Special:Searc
          h?search='+document.getSelection())

          Place this bookmark in the bookmark (personal) toolbar or the Links
          section. Now mark a word and click the toolbar link, you get directly
          to the wiki search result page.

          best regards
        • PanoToolsNG.10.m8@spamgourmet.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2008
            And if you use Opera, you can set a keyword:

            ie. Navigate to wiki.panotools.org
            Right click in the search box - Create Search
            Type a keyword (I use "p")

            Then in the address bar you can type: p [search item] (eg. "p nadir")

            This also works for other websites with a search box too.

            Cheers,
            Darren.

            )On Saturday, February 02, 2008 at 8:01, Carl von Einem wrote:
            )
            )> If you use Firefox you can add the panotools.org wiki to
            )your list of
            )> search engines
            )
            )There is even a one click solution to search for selected text
            )(I learned from tinyurl): Create a new bookmark (favorite),
            )name it to your liking and put the following line in the
            )"Location" ("URL,
            )"Address") property (without line break of course):
            )javascript:void(location.href='http://wiki.panotools.org/Special:Searc
            )h?search='+document.getSelection())
            )
            )Place this bookmark in the bookmark (personal) toolbar or the
            )Links section. Now mark a word and click the toolbar link, you
            )get directly to the wiki search result page.
            )
            )best regards
            )Erik Krause
            )http://www.erik-krause.de