Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: a new mars panorama in High-res!!

  • Robert C. Fisher
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 1 3:13 PM
      Sacha QT is all over the place. It is mostly unseen, I have some
      video on my website in QT but I use QT heavily in video editing. The
      main reason you see so much Flash for video is YouTube, it has taken
      over video on the web but it is vastly inferior for the most part but
      it has 99% market penitration so it looks like it has won for the
      moment. It seems like the buzz these days is for youtube like video,
      even though most of it looks really crappy. I have been putting video
      on my websites for about 10 years all in QT.

      It is unfortunate that Apple has dropped the ball with QTVR support
      and interactivity, most all of it broken in the current releases of
      QT. It looks like flash is going to be the huge winner with
      interactive apps. With faster computers flash is getting to be the
      real gorilla for interactive web stuff, flash for so long was
      terrible for the end user since most developers couldn't optimize it
      properly and it took forever for it to load and sucked so much
      processor power.

      Oh well!

      On Feb 1, 2008, at 2:19 PM, Sacha Griffin wrote:

      > Really? I didn’t know you had to install quicktime to use an ipod.
      >
      > All I know, is I haven’t seen quicktime video in nearly a year
      > while browsing websites. If you don’t need quicktime for video, VR
      > is the only thing left being published using quicktime.
      >
      > Since quicktime hasn’t been updated for VR in years, it’s given up
      > on that end too. Plus Quicktime has been updated to DROP support of
      > advanced functions used in VR. Counting this, I don’t see what the
      > point is anymore of supporting it.
      >
      > But enough of thread highjacking. If it wasn’t for the bloatware
      > which is quicktime being attached to ipod, quicktime would be long
      > forgotten.
      >
      > Sorry again for the thread highjacking. Please do not reply, under
      > this thread. I just wanted to see a panorama.
      >
      > Sacha Griffin
      >
      > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
      >
      > http://www.southern-digital.com
      >
      > http://www.seeit360.net
      >
      > 404-551-4275

      Cheers
      Robert C. Fisher
      VR Photography/Cinematography
    • John Riley
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 1 6:17 PM
        On Feb 1, 2008, at 9:18 AM, Erik Krause wrote:

        > On Friday, February 01, 2008 at 14:41, Jeffrey Martin wrote:
        >
        > > Panorama Inside Victoria Crater Four Years On Mars
        >
        > Pah, on mars! Who did ever believe it? Now we know that this mars
        > crater is just in the middle of Prague ;-)
        > http://www.prague360.com/fs.html?loc=mars-rover-panorama.p36

        Wow - I thought the drought in the south-eastern US was bad! Prague
        is really hurting much worse.

        And I am sure we have all seen the story about the photo from Mars
        where it looked like a human figure was walking in the landscape, but
        NASA scientists said it was just a rock. Now we know - it was
        actually a pedestrian in Prague!

        <http://www.news.com/2300-11397_3-6227262-1.html?tag=ne.gall.pg>

        Biggest scandal since the so-called Moon "landings" that were
        actually in the Arizona Desert. Humph. Thanks Jeffrey for your
        investigative journalism blowing this one wide open!

        (Note to all - this is intended as a humorous post! Please, no
        misunderstanding?)

        John

        John Riley
        johnriley@...